• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

Nice! I've got 24 of the Adam Strange MiS's, that's one I'm missing. Very nice copy.

Are you getting just the Infantino issues, or the earlier Gil Kanes as well?

Thanks! I had trouble finding this issue in the right condition at the right price. I'm pretty happy with this one.

Kane drew some of the early covers, but Infantino did all the interior stories. So I'm getting them all, but I'm stopping at 91, Infantino's last issue.

Ah, gotcha. Mike Sekowski did the interiors of the early Showcase appearances ... I guess that's what I was thinking of. Do you have those? There's three of them right? I haven't gotten any of them yet.

Ah, gotcha. Mike Sekowski did the interiors of the early Showcase appearances ... I guess that's what I was thinking of. Do you have those? There's three of them right? I haven't gotten any of them yet.

No, don't have any! They're definitely on my WTB list, but I'll obviously have to shell out some dough for those. I've missed out on a few on Ebay...I'm a cheapskate at heart, so I'm looking for decent copies at affordable prices, and that's a pretty tall order with those!

I need to upgrade my MIS 53 too. My copy is a little rough. Do you have that one?

3725895889_4362fbfbcb_o.jpg

I have 17 and 19, I think. I am missing one.

Congrats. One of the all-time classic SA books!

Too bad Kane didn't draw the interior. He did such a great job in the cover.

I really like some of those MIS covers. Is the original art available?

3740265746_9d7f89a099_o.jpg

Number 2 is one of my favorite covers. Love the color combination, not to mention the beautiful damsel in distress. Don't have a copy...yet!

I don't know how much original art is still around. During the Adam Strange run they used to give it away in the letter column.

I don't think I've posted any books in this thread but due to advancig age anything is possible. Some of my favorite books ever were MIS...

But first, the one that started it all; I think other than Showcase 4, this was the first Showcase I ever bought off-the-rack;

Showcase002.jpg