• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

The Tornado Tyrant is entirely too smug on this cover.

Courtesy of Infantino and Anderson.

MISXX_61.jpg

If I were out on a ledge, about to jump, looking at some Infantino Adam Strange MiS covers would talk me down. Seeing those things always makes me happy. :)

I always loved Mystery in Space, its one of my favorite titles.

I still need 22 issues to be complete, but the early stuff doesnt turn up that often in the UK.

MysteryInSpace.jpg

Another thread I didn't know existed - was just looking through my twenty issue OO run (some water damage, unfortunately) of 53-72 that I hadn't looked at in such a long time.

Interesting books to say the least, and it's fascinating to me how they had scientific pages and how they looked at astronomy some five decades ago.

If I were out on a ledge, about to jump, looking at some Infantino Adam Strange MiS covers would talk me down. Seeing those things always makes me happy. :)

These Mystery in Space comics can certainly brighten one's outlook. :grin:

I was going to mention how claustrophobic the Tornado Tyrants vehicle was, then

I remembered this issue. :makepoint:

MISX_83.jpg

These Mystery in Space comics can certainly brighten one's outlook. :grin:

I was going to mention how claustrophobic the Tornado Tyrants vehicle was, then

I remembered this issue. :makepoint:

lol Yeah, a bit of a tight squeeze there!

Another thread I didn't know existed - was just looking through my twenty issue OO run (some water damage, unfortunately) of 53-72 that I hadn't looked at in such a long time.

Interesting books to say the least, and it's fascinating to me how they had scientific pages and how they looked at astronomy some five decades ago.

MysteryInSpace34.jpg

Here's one I think you'll like, Steve. CGC 8.0 with bone white pages!

PS-- Go KINGS!!

MysteryInSpace34.jpg

Here's one I think you'll like, Steve. CGC 8.0 with bone white pages!

PS-- Go KINGS!!

He shoots... he scores!!

MysteryInSpace42.jpg

This thread could use a bump so here's my copy of Mystery in Space 42 from March 1958.

Any comic that nice from early 1958 gets my seal of approval, and that's a really pretty pink cover too!

:cool:

Here are scans of four more of my Mystery in Space comics:

19-12-2011120842AM.jpg

19-12-2011120844AM.jpg

Space Ranger moves over from Tales of the Unexpected to join Adam Strange in Mystery in Space 92. Unfortunately, that was part and parcel of Julius Schwartz giving up the editorialship of the title which also meant that Carmine Infantino's pencils were being lost for the Adam Strange feature.

12-06-2012110543PM.jpg

Northland copy

12-06-2012110546PM.jpg

:popcorn:

MysteryInSpace42.jpg

This thread could use a bump so here's my copy of Mystery in Space 42 from March 1958.

Any comic that nice from early 1958 gets my seal of approval, and that's a really pretty pink cover too!

Thanks for the nice comment. Both you and "frozentundraguy" have fantastic collections and I enjoy perusing them.

SLR

Here are scans of four more of my Mystery in Space comics:

19-12-2011120842AM.jpg

19-12-2011120844AM.jpg

Space Ranger moves over from Tales of the Unexpected to join Adam Strange in Mystery in Space 92. Unfortunately, that was part and parcel of Julius Schwartz giving up the editorialship of the title which also meant that Carmine Infantino's pencils were being lost for the Adam Strange feature.

12-06-2012110543PM.jpg

Northland copy

12-06-2012110546PM.jpg

:popcorn:

Absolutely stunning copies. :applause:

MysteryInSpace42.jpg

Thanks for the nice comment. Both you and "frozentundraguy" have fantastic collections and I enjoy perusing them.

SLR

Thanks Steve. You, Hepcat, Doc Joe and others have some really HG beauties of this title. :headbang:

I don't believe I have posted my copy of #89 yet.

MIS_82.jpg