• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

Mystery In Space #72

Tied with 1 other census 9.4. Gorgeous cover art. December 1961 marked the first price increase at DC in over 20 years.

MIS72cgc.jpg

:luhv: this cover, what a sweet copy!!! (worship)

I lucked out and got the OA for this issue's "money shot":

mis_72_p9.jpg

Here's more of the Infantino cover art run.

Another nice example from the Mound City collection. Trails a 9.2 copy in the census.

MIS69cgc.jpg

Mound City copy, topped by a single 9.4 in the census. Cool cover art. No longer "still 10 cents". :o

MIS71cgc.jpg

Tied with 1 other census 9.4. Gorgeous cover art. December 1961 marked the first price increase at DC in over 20 years.

MIS72cgc.jpg

Another sweet Infantino cover. Mound City copy.

MIS73cgc.jpg

I'm in absolute awe of your Mystery in Space run! I only wish mine were as nice. Maybe someday....

(thumbs u

Mystery In Space #74

Sid's Luncheonette copy, purchased from the original owner Harry Banks/Burntboy. His early SA DC collection was terrific. At 9.0, this is a top census copy.

MIS74cgc.jpg

Mystery In Space #76

Beautiful, dynamic cover art with interesting perspective and great color pallet. Another of Harry Banks' Sid Luncheonette copies, and ridiculously nice for an 8.5.

MIS76cgc.jpg

Sid's Luncheonette copy, purchased from the original owner Harry Banks/Burntboy. His early SA DC collection was terrific. At 9.0, this is a top census copy.

MIS74cgc.jpg

No wonder I've never been able to find a really nice copy!

Beautiful, dynamic cover art with interesting perspective and great color pallet. Another of Harry Banks' Sid Luncheonette copies, and ridiculously nice for an 8.5.

MIS76cgc.jpg

I agree. That constitutes an example on the undergrading side of why I've never placed much creedence on CGC's grading.

(shrug)

The 76 has a light crease on the top edge of the front cover that is barely visible in the scan, and that accounts for the assigned grade. I think the book would do better on a re-assessment.

A couple of these covers I don't recall ever seeing. Thanks so much for posting them. I saw a Showcase 18 in CGC 9.0 at a recent auction.....hope you get it. This run is your most recent project isn't it ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I didn't bid on the Showcase #18, but saw it was a terrific copy.

The only SA titles I continue to collect are Fantastic Four and Strange Tales. This MIS run has been beefed up with a couple of upgrades over the past couple of years, but mostly was assembled years ago.

Try as I might.....I just can't kick FF to the curb either. Your MIS run is droolworthy. Some day I hope to pare down my permanent collection to just 12 books, and that will be tough.....but MIS 90 is one of them. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u