• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics not owned by esquire

297 posts in this topic

You hardly ever see decent copies of the Howie Post cover More Funs (issues 121-127) for sale, but there was a handful of them in the latest Heritage auction. The bidding on them was surprisingly heavy, but I was able to snag a couple of them. Here is the #123:

1511660-morefun123%28crippen%29%282%29.jpg

1511660-morefun123(crippen)(2).jpg.f5c424c6a0edc1522c0e03f67dbdd29d.jpg

You hardly ever see decent copies of the Howie Post cover More Funs (issues 121-127) for sale, but there was a handful of them in the latest Heritage auction. The bidding on them was surprisingly heavy, but I was able to snag a couple of them. Here is the #123:

1511660-morefun123%28crippen%29%282%29.jpg

I saw those and, knowing the competition, was smart enough not to bid.

What a lovely blue background for a cover that looks like it was a Dell comic drawn by Walt Kelly -- which is a good thing. thumbsup2.gif

You hardly ever see decent copies of the Howie Post cover More Funs (issues 121-127) for sale, but there was a handful of them in the latest Heritage auction. The bidding on them was surprisingly heavy

I wonder if this thread has helped to generate more interest in this title. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice pick up, Peter! thumbsup2.gif

I wasn't going to post this until I actually received it, but I too won a More Fun (not one of the Howie Post covers, but one of the great Mort Meskin covers) in the latest Heritage auction. I barely paid over 9.2 guide for this, which was surprising (so much so that I never expected to win it at all). I didn't do any due diligence at all since I never really expected to win it, so it'll undoubtedly show up in Master Chef's thread as a former 2.0. tongue.gif

822110006o.jpg

You hardly ever see decent copies of the Howie Post cover More Funs (issues 121-127) for sale, but there was a handful of them in the latest Heritage auction. The bidding on them was surprisingly heavy

I wonder if this thread has helped to generate more interest in this title. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey people, don't get any ideas about competing! 893naughty-thumb.gif Wait until I finish the run! 27_laughing.gif

I wasn't going to post this until I actually received it, but I too won a More Fun (not one of the Howie Post covers, but one of the great Mort Meskin covers) in the latest Heritage auction. I barely paid over 9.2 guide for this, which was surprising (so much so that I never expected to win it at all). I didn't do any due diligence at all since I never really expected to win it, so it'll undoubtedly show up in Master Chef's thread as a former 2.0. tongue.gif

822110006o.jpg

Nice snag. You're lucky I had a copy already. tongue.gif

I thought you didn't bid on Heritage items anymore. poke2.gif

Unless they have a book he wants. poke2.gif

I'm not even really knocking him by saying that, despite the obvious hypocrisy being demonstrated. Moral stands are nice, but collecting is a disease. If someone has a book you want, you'll rationalize the decision to deal with them despite having said at some point "I'll never buy from xxx again!" And of course, Mark has always qualified his Heritage bashing by saying "rarely" instead of "never", despite a litany of reasons why "never" would appear more appropriate.

822110006o.jpg

Great pick up Tim. I was watching that book and wondering who the lucky winner was. You got a great deal.

I thought you didn't bid on Heritage items anymore. poke2.gif

Unless they have a book he wants. poke2.gif

I'm not even really knocking him by saying that, despite the obvious hypocrisy being demonstrated. Moral stands are nice, but collecting is a disease. If someone has a book you want, you'll rationalize the decision to deal with them despite having said at some point "I'll never buy from xxx again!" And of course, Mark has always qualified his Heritage bashing by saying "rarely" instead of "never", despite a litany of reasons why "never" would appear more appropriate.

Truer words have never been spoken. Ain't it the truth!! Ain't the truth!! as the cowardly Lion said...... wink.gif