• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

and the dealer/owner wasn't too happy either.

Wasn't happy that you found out or wasn't happy to discover themselves that the coupon had been ripped out?

By the look on his face Tim, I could tell he didn't know - he had just picked up a small early GA collection, mostly reprint titles that I wasn't interested in (e.g., Funnies, The Comics, etc.). All the books had really nice (mostly white) paper.

893whatthe.gifBill, did you p/u the Adventure 40 at your GeekFest? Man, I'm gonna have to make a road trip one of these years...

STEVE

and the dealer/owner wasn't too happy either.

Wasn't happy that you found out or wasn't happy to discover themselves that the coupon had been ripped out?

By the look on his face Tim, I could tell he didn't know - he had just picked up a small early GA collection, mostly reprint titles that I wasn't interested in (e.g., Funnies, The Comics, etc.). All the books had really nice (mostly white) paper.

893whatthe.gifBill, did you p/u the Adventure 40 at your GeekFest? Man, I'm gonna have to make a road trip one of these years...

STEVE

Sure did!

Anyone thinking of attending Bill's Pons-con next year should know that he demands a golden age key book priced at or UNDER guide for his collection in order to open the gates to his palatial estate.

Seriously Bill,I'm glad the book found a good home. grin.gif

Anyone thinking of attending Bill's Pons-con next year should know that he demands a golden age key book priced at or UNDER guide for his collection in order to open the gates to his palatial estate.

Seriously Bill,I'm glad the book found a good home. grin.gif

Me too Russ. I will honor you above all for it! hail.gif

Thanks!

Does anyone own a copy of Adventure 33? I just bought a copy, but I'm at work (without my Guide), so I want to see if I got a good deal or paid too much? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm saying it was a good deal without knowing either the condition of your new copy or the price you paid. Sweet book.

That's how I feel too. I've waited a long, long time for one to hit the market. It's not an easy book to find. However, it's a PLOD. shy.gif I always said I'd stay away from restored books unless it was a book that I'd either never find or never afford unless it was restored. I think this book fits the bill on both counts. I'll post it when it arrives. thumbsup2.gif

It finally came today. This issue hasn't been posted in this thread yet. It's one of 3 graded copies & ranks #2 (behind the 9.2 Church copy - Peter, is it safe to assume you've got that one??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). Gerber rates this as a "6" (50-200 copies). I seriously doubt that it's that common. I've had my eye out for a year & this was the first one I saw. I just can't get enough of those Flessel covers. thumbsup2.gif

Adventure33.jpg

I can definately live with it. It's one of those books where you don't get to choose between copies, but you buy any copy you see available.

I really know nothing about restoration. I looked the book over very closely & I can't spot where any of the work was done. I can't even tell where the most obvious one (spine split) was done. I hope to be posting some more Adventures in the near future. My favorite early DC title, hands down!