• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

I like this particular book very much (picked up from Ed Jaster long ago) - has all the attributes of a nice Larson (though it's not) and a simply terrific Guardineer cover:

100_0971.jpg

STEVE

Stunning book Steve. Just like the rest of your magnificent collection, a portion of which you were kind enough to let me ogle in person a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen so many white-paged beauties.

I’m just getting started with my adventure comic’s collection and at 22 I am a little intimidated looking at all these beautiful books..... At the same time though its a real inspiration to see that such great collections. I hope the younger generations don't get too obsessed with the silver age and still have love for the glory of the golden age....I know I do 893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for posting all the awesome scans...keep them coming guys!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Ronaldo

Welcome! I just turned 33, so it's not just the "old guys" that collect GA. 27_laughing.gif

HEY!!! sumo.gif

common bill, you are not as old as dirt yet (well, at least not all dirt)...

I can still boast I am in my 30's, for at least another few months...but, I started collecting GA at 21!

rick

adv40front.jpg

this is my only contribution, but I do love those Early Adventures with Sandman and Starman

gator

Well that is one hell of a contribution hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Whats the grade on it?

hello all...

it appears pretty darn nice smile.gif... Matt nelson is replacing a piece on the back cover, so let's call it a soon to be apparent fn/vf...I initially committed to it "unrestored" (with piece out of back cover ,but the front presenting so nice) and wanted the seller to send to Matt or CGC to check for trimming....they found a spine split sealed that the owner was unaware of...so, since it had some minor resto already, I asked Matt to fill the piece in on the back cover, and touch up a little here and there...already looks great, now will look even better!

thanks

rick

adv40front.jpg

this is my only contribution, but I do love those Early Adventures with Sandman and Starman

gator

Well that is one hell of a contribution hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Whats the grade on it?

hello all...

it appears pretty darn nice smile.gif... Matt nelson is replacing a piece on the back cover, so let's call it a soon to be apparent fn/vf...I initially committed to it "unrestored" (with piece out of back cover ,but the front presenting so nice) and wanted the seller to send to Matt or CGC to check for trimming....they found a spine split sealed that the owner was unaware of...so, since it had some minor resto already, I asked Matt to fill the piece in on the back cover, and touch up a little here and there...already looks great, now will look even better!

thanks

rick

Well good luck with the resto...im sure Matt will do a great job...make sure to post scans after you get it back popcorn.gif

Centaurman, would you please post your Windex ratings for New Comics/New Adventure/Adventure. It would be interesting to hear your views on the subject.

Sure. I've been crazy busy at work, but I've already done these so it's not a hard cut-and-paste. I will put a caveat out there: These are preliminary. For books with so few available copies, the rankings can get skewed by 1 or 2 additional sightings, and I haven't fully explored all available data sources. But here's the first effort. When I actually start a thread dedicated solely to scarcity, as a repository of all of these rankings, the numbers will likely be a little different.

The format is Title, Issue Number, Relative Scarcity Ranking.

New Comics......................1................17

New Comics......................2................24

New Comics......................3................28

New Comics......................4................23

New Comics......................5................21

New Comics......................6................21

New Comics......................7................20

New Comics......................8................20

New Comics......................9................14

New Comics......................10..............22

New Comics......................11..............15

New Adventure Comics.....12..............23

New Adventure Comics.....13..............25

New Adventure Comics.....14..............24

New Adventure Comics.....15..............26

New Adventure Comics.....16..............20

New Adventure Comics.....17..............25

New Adventure Comics.....18..............21

New Adventure Comics.....19..............12

New Adventure Comics.....20..............14

New Adventure Comics.....21..............20

New Adventure Comics.....22..............24

New Adventure Comics.....23..............26

New Adventure Comics.....24..............17

New Adventure Comics.....25..............24

New Adventure Comics.....26..............25

New Adventure Comics.....27..............30

New Adventure Comics.....28..............21

New Adventure Comics.....29..............19

New Adventure Comics.....30..............20

New Adventure Comics.....31..............13

As you can see, I think the two toughest books are New Comics #3 and New Adventure #27. Ian's brutal search for New Adventure #26 actually has led to a few copies appearing more recently, and I no longer believe that's the toughest New Adventure. I believe my numbers for New Adventure #13 and #15 are wrong, based on anecdotal comments from knowledgeable collectors, and I'm working to get more data on those.

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

I also want to thank Stephen Fishler for his support for what I'm trying to do and suggestions about how to make the final data more useful. To have a major industry expert like him discussing this project with me was very energizing.

How is your scarcity project going Win? confused-smiley-013.gif