• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Reserves have appeared, and for this beauty, with BP, the minimum now comes out to a bit over $27K. 3X Guide. I'm doubtful it will sell at that price.

3X the 9.2 price for an Edgar Church 9.6 doesn't seem that outrageous to me. What do you think is a fair price for a 9.6 Church copy relative to 9.2 guide value?

If this were a $1000 book, I would agree that a 3X multiple wouldn't be out of the ordinary. But when you get into larger absolute dollar amounts, multiples typically drop. In that respect you could say that for many big ticket GA books, the Guide 9.2 price is relatively accurate.

3X the 9.2 price for an Edgar Church 9.6 doesn't seem that outrageous to me. What do you think is a fair price for a 9.6 Church copy relative to 9.2 guide value?

For a lower priced book in a mainstream DC title like Adventure, 4x to 5x Guide would be typical for a 9.6 Church copy. But for higher priced books like this one, there is more of a price resistance. Having said that, 3x Guide for that book would not be unreasonable at all.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For a lower priced book in a mainstream DC title like Adventure, 4x to 5x Guide would be typical for a 9.6 Church copy. But for higher priced books like this one, there is more of a price resistance. Having said that, 3x Guide for that book would not be unreasonable at all.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well, I was clearly wrong, as someone was willing to pay $28K (inclusive of BP) for the book. Was the winner anyone we know? popcorn.gif

I had the pleasure of spending a half-day yesterday with RareHighGrade at his princely estate, and what a array of pre-hero books he pulled to show me!

Let me tell you folk, I've seen the collections of some of the most noted GA aficionados around...and yet I was still totally blown away (the Church Adventure 26 alone made my head spin) by this material.

It's visits like this which help make the hobby so enjoyable for me.

STEVE

Let me tell you folk, I've seen the collections of some of the most noted GA aficionados around...and yet I was still totally blown away (the Church Adventure 26 alone made my head spin) by this material.

I didn't get to see the Adventure 26 when I visited! Christo_pull_hair.gif

But we did see the Jumbos, and that was no small thing! cloud9.gif

But we did see the Jumbos, and that was no small thing! cloud9.gif

Yes we did! cloud9.gif

I was looking at JP's ad in Overstreet #31 and noticed that he was offering the Church Adventure #42 (CGC 9.4). Does anyone know who's got it now?

I don't know who has it now, but I remember, years ago, Mark Wilson selling all the Church Sandman covers in his catalog. The prices seemed high at the time, but looking back, I think they(after #40) were all under 2K.

I was looking at JP's ad in Overstreet #31 and noticed that he was offering the Church Adventure #42 (CGC 9.4). Does anyone know who's got it now?

I don't know who has it now, but I remember, years ago, Mark Wilson selling all the Church Sandman covers in his catalog. The prices seemed high at the time, but looking back, I think they(after #40) were all under 2K.

JP was asking a bit over $14K for it, which to my jaded eyes doesn't seem all that bad.

That was mine. I'm not sure where it is now. It sure was a beauty! 893applaud-thumb.gif

West

sweet jesus! that's a beautiful book! that would fit nicely into my sandman run. Is it unrestored, and more importantly, available for purchase?

It's restored. There's a coupon that's been replaced on the back cover, among other work, and in my book that's "extensive". Despite that, it's unlikely that I'd sell it unless I found a better copy. As my avatar shows, I'm a bit of a Flessel Sandman fan myself (although I always trade non-Centaurs for Centaurs if it's a book I'm missing).

It's restored. There's a coupon that's been replaced on the back cover, among other work, and in my book that's "extensive". Despite that, it's unlikely that I'd sell it unless I found a better copy. As my avatar shows, I'm a bit of a Flessel Sandman fan myself (although I always trade non-Centaurs for Centaurs if it's a book I'm missing).

You can see more of Win's Sandman comics in this old thread. thumbsup2.gif

JP was asking a bit over $14K for it, which to my jaded eyes doesn't seem all that bad.

JP was asking more like $36K for the Church copy of #42.

Win, SWEET #46. That's my grail!!!