• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

I think this might be another J.R. Flanagan cover. It looks exactly like a lot of his other work.

Ok, so not a lot of interest in #35. That's fine, moving on to another Flessel.....

Adventure #36 is one of my favorites. I can imagine being a kid looking at this cover in amazement.

Must've been pretty cool to see something like this in a time with no color TV's. This was cutting edge entertainment.

adventure36.jpg

Wow, another NA cover that I'd never seen before. This one has just rocketed up in my list of favorite Flessel covers! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good eyes, FFB. You can also see it in the way he draws the forearm.

I like this particular book very much (picked up from Ed Jaster long ago) - has all the attributes of a nice Larson (though it's not) and a simply terrific Guardineer cover:

100_0971.jpg

STEVE

I like this particular book very much (picked up from Ed Jaster long ago) - has all the attributes of a nice Larson (though it's not) and a simply terrific Guardineer cover:

100_0971.jpg

STEVE

Stunning book Steve. Just like the rest of your magnificent collection, a portion of which you were kind enough to let me ogle in person a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen so many white-paged beauties.

Stunning book Steve. Just like the rest of your magnificent collection, a portion of which you were kind enough to let me ogle in person a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen so many white-paged beauties.

It was my distnict pleasure to get together and to return the favor after you had shared your unbelievable collection with me! acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

STEVE

I think this might be another J.R. Flanagan cover. It looks exactly like a lot of his other work.

Ok, so not a lot of interest in #35. That's fine, moving on to another Flessel.....

Adventure #36 is one of my favorites. I can imagine being a kid looking at this cover in amazement.

Must've been pretty cool to see something like this in a time with no color TV's. This was cutting edge entertainment.

adventure36.jpg

Wow, another NA cover that I'd never seen before. This one has just rocketed up in my list of favorite Flessel covers! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good eyes, FFB. You can also see it in the way he draws the forearm.

By the way -- we confirmed with Creig Flessel this weekend that the covers to Adventure Comics #36-39 were all by John Richard Flanagan.

More evidence of my obsessive-compulsive relationship with New Adventure Comics insane.gif

NewAdventure287.jpg

Great cover - was that pirate in the front the inspiration for the Mammoth Adventures pulp cover featured on the "Pulps" book?