• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

I really enjoy this issue (has the "marihuana" story):

Adv39.jpg

Nice! I missed on one of these in last year's Heritage Auction and regret not going up on my bid to get it. Great Cover.

Definitely like the pre hero Adventure comics issues 34 - 39 with the jungle themed covers.

Wow, that is a simply amazing collection of Adventures! I think that title is under rated when compared to Action.

No Superman, but Adventure represents early DC Golden Age very well for me. One of my top titles of all-time, most definitely.

Great books; keep 'em coming.

OK... :)

NA24Church.jpg

I looked at that closely when Harley had it. What an amazing book! :cloud9:

I looked at that closely when Harley had it. What an amazing book! :cloud9:

I quickly engaged Harley in negotiation for it (and the Adventure 36, 38, and 39, all as a group), and he was very cool about it.

I remember my heart accelerating, and pulling my checkbook out once we sealed the deal.

Needless to say, no regrets. :acclaim:

New Comics 1-4 had paper covers (no gloss), and are obviously very difficult books to find (circa 1936).

The New 1 is the most common I believe. I've regarded the New 2 and New 3 as both being rare, yet I've seen 5 copies of each in the past few years, which is fewer copies than I've seen of New 4.

Indeed, when DC was finishing up their 75 year anniversary book, they had failed to find a copy of New 4, so I loaned them mine. I wouldn't have done so if I knew their photographer was going to remove the centerfold from the book to get a flat shot.

:pullhair::P:mad:

So I think New 4 is just as (very) scarce-rare as New 2 and New 3, if we can reasonably judge such a thing.

Anyway, here's my New 3 - I know Centaurman recently had both high and low grade copies, jbcomicbox has a high grader, and another Boardie has a CGC low grade.

This copy has really nice off-white pages, and I am absolutely thrilled to own it.

NewComics3.jpg