• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Glad I was able to snag this book. Go figure, i had depleted my comic slush fund, then it pops up... to tough to find so bought her anyway. Unrestored w super nice PQ, near edges are cream, but otherwise lots of eye popping white. Cover is detached. Thought of having Matt/Kenny work on her, but not sure yet.

IMG_1331

Leave it just the way it is :) Nice book :applause:

+1

+2

Two more Sandman Adventures I am pleased to add to the collection. These are Ruben Blades copies. When these arrived at the house I noticed the #63 had a label from Metropolis saying this issue was "rare" - i never recalled it having a gerber rating. Anyone know about that?

Adventure 47 CGC blue label 4.5

Adventure Comics 47 cgc 4.5

Adventure 63 CGC Blue label 4.0

Adventure 63 cgc 4.0

Two more Sandman Adventures I am pleased to add to the collection. These are Ruben Blades copies. When these arrived at the house I noticed the #63 had a label from Metropolis saying this issue was "rare" - i never recalled it having a gerber rating. Anyone know about that?

Adventure 47 CGC blue label 4.5

Adventure Comics 47 cgc 4.5

Adventure 63 CGC Blue label 4.0

Adventure 63 cgc 4.0

Beautiful copies. I've never seen that Adventure Comics 47 before. Consider yourself lucky to have one.

:bump:

The format is Title, Issue Number, Relative Scarcity Ranking.

New Comics......................1................17

New Comics......................2................24

New Comics......................3................28

New Comics......................4................23

New Comics......................5................21

New Comics......................6................21

New Comics......................7................20

New Comics......................8................20

New Comics......................9................14

New Comics......................10..............22

New Comics......................11..............15

New Adventure Comics.....12..............23

New Adventure Comics.....13..............25

New Adventure Comics.....14..............24

New Adventure Comics.....15..............26

New Adventure Comics.....16..............20

New Adventure Comics.....17..............25

New Adventure Comics.....18..............21

New Adventure Comics.....19..............12

New Adventure Comics.....20..............14

New Adventure Comics.....21..............20

New Adventure Comics.....22..............24

New Adventure Comics.....23..............26

New Adventure Comics.....24..............17

New Adventure Comics.....25..............24

New Adventure Comics.....26..............25

New Adventure Comics.....27..............30

New Adventure Comics.....28..............21

New Adventure Comics.....29..............19

New Adventure Comics.....30..............20

New Adventure Comics.....31..............13

As you can see, I think the two toughest books are New Comics #3 and New Adventure #27. Ian's brutal search for New Adventure #26 actually has led to a few copies appearing more recently, and I no longer believe that's the toughest New Adventure. I believe my numbers for New Adventure #13 and #15 are wrong, based on anecdotal comments from knowledgeable collectors, and I'm working to get more data on those.

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Great idea to bump this, Scrooge. As a long-time pre-hero Adventure completionist, here are my ball park rankings of the top 10 in order of scarcity:

1. New Adventure 13

2. New Adventure 26 and 27 (tied)

4. New Adventure 25

5. New Comics 2 and 3 (tied)

7. New Adventure 12

8. New Adventure 15

9. New Comics 4

10. Adventure 36

I tried to go past 10, but found it too difficult to distinguish between specific issues. The next grouping would probably be New Adventure 14, 16, 17, 22 and 23. Some of the other issues of New Comics may be more scarce than they appear to be simply because the demand for them is so low that it affects the scarcity perception.

Great idea to bump this, Scrooge. As a long-time pre-hero Adventure completionist, here are my ball park rankings of the top 10 in order of scarcity:

1. New Adventure 13

2. New Adventure 26 and 27 (tied)

4. New Adventure 25

5. New Comics 2 and 3 (tied)

7. New Adventure 12

8. New Adventure 15

9. New Comics 4

10. Adventure 36

I tried to go past 10, but found it too difficult to distinguish between specific issues. The next grouping would probably be New Adventure 14, 16, 17, 22 and 23. Some of the other issues of New Comics may be more scarce than they appear to be simply because the demand for them is so low that it affects the scarcity perception.

Spot on buddy!

I was able to get a partial answer to ques i posed earlier in this thread. I didnt want to highjack the Flash thread where Centaur posted his Adventure Windex so posting over here. I saw that Adv 63 had a Windex rating of 19. That helps explain why Metropolis has the book called out as "rare" although I am guessing they are not pulling from the Overstreet glossary definition... prob anecdotal evidence from years as a high volume GA dealer. I dont own the Gerber books, so not sure if Adventure 63 had any kind of meaningful rating. Of course it really doesnt matter to me now as I have the issue, so box checked, on to the next!

I will add my newly acquired copy to this thread. Adv 46 is one of my fav GA covers of all time. Didn't think I'd ever own a copy, certainly not in this grade : ) I would have preferred a higher grade, but considering that Rubenblades was missing this book, Cage copy was a 3.0, and people w financial means to buy most anything they want have low grade copies, I was behoved to seize the opportunity to pick up this book. Now that I have it in hand, i like it even more! No regrets at all. You can see at sometime it had brown tape on the spine and someone decided to remove it. The back cover isnt too bad. It does have a qtr size piece missing from the middle bottom. For now I plan to leave as blue label. I suppose one good things is the simplicity of the cover would prob make color touch somewhat affordable if I decided to restore her.

8177292498_8f3fcde896_c.jpg

Adventure 46 by foxtrot70, on Flickr