• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

Last night's episode was great. The second season is really starting to pick up steam, just as the first season did. Shame there are only 3 more episode. Damn WGA :pullhair:

It was racist though.

1. Two power obsessed WHITE men think that the world needs them to save it.

2. An injured WHITE man (who was ironically burned black) heals only to stand triumphant as a cleanly shaven icon of white supremacy.

3. A WHITE woman is shown at the funeral for her BLACK husband accepting his family as slaves.

hm

WTF?!?!?

If anything, as an American network TV show, I would applaud Heroes for its' depiction of bi-racial relationships in which race is a complete non-issue. Not only Nikki and D.L., but also Peter and Simone in the first season.

i agree that last night's episode was great.

the racist stuff, i dont agree with, but i guess it's probably there for people that are "drunk" and want to see it.

i'd hardly call Peter "obsessed" with power, Nathan could have been the token for that white supremacy thing, except that when you think about what he did after being healed (rejected his senatorship, left his family, mourns his brother/searches for him), i'd say that doesnt really feel like white supremacist.

and for point 3? i think that's just silly. she wasn't demanding their services, she said "i need help", not "give me your land!" and besides, DL was the one that had to say her, so i'd hardly call her part of the story racist.

the episode made me feel for DL, and now I wish that he was more in the show. but oh well.

all of that aside, the episode was really great, but i still think that the Wonder Twin stuff felt forced - her powers manifest and her and her brother are forced to run. we dont really get any of their connections at all to the bigger picture.

(just so it's on a fresh page) :)

I liked last nights episode although now there are three possible saviors for the Legacy virus

(if that in fact becomes a problem to be dealt with) Claire, Adam, and now Nathan (with Adam's blood)... hm

PS: Poor Molecular man, shot last year and recovered just to be shot again??? :o

Yeah, even with the backstory origin of the wonder twins, they just aren't cutting it for me.

I think they will just end up being fodder for Sylar to steal their power. My guess is that if he kills them both he'll have the ability to cause death while being able to control it.

I liked last nights episode although now there are three possible saviors for the Legacy virus

(if that in fact becomes a problem to be dealt with) Claire, Adam, and now Nathan (with Adam's blood)... hm

PS: Poor Molecular man, shot last year and recovered just to be shot again??? :o

Uh, what about Peter? Does he not also have the ability to heal? Why didn't he give his bro a shot of his own juice?

As for DL, what was up with that? Nikki's dance partner goes homicidal...in public...just because he got punk'd by the husband???? WTF? Is the guy high? Why was he not scared less about his hand going through his head? Did everybody EXCEPT DL see the gun in time? Am I putting too much thought/logic into this? Should I shut up now? Where am I? Who are you people........ :pullhair:

Rick

Last night's episode was pretty good. Hopefully it's tracking up for me again. I will admit to finding it maddening after awhile that no one gives a straight answer in the show. lol But, that's part of the puzzle.

Uh, what about Peter? Does he not also have the ability to heal? Why didn't he give his bro a shot of his own juice?

Rick

We really don't know if his powers can be used that way. Hasn't been tried. Adam, considering the years he's been alive...I'm sure has tried it a few times and that's how he knew he could do it. Just my guess.

Last night's episode was great. The second season is really starting to pick up steam, just as the first season did. Shame there are only 3 more episode. Damn WGA :pullhair:

It was racist though.

1. Two power obsessed WHITE men think that the world needs them to save it.

2. An injured WHITE man (who was ironically burned black) heals only to stand triumphant as a cleanly shaven icon of white supremacy.

3. A WHITE woman is shown at the funeral for her BLACK husband accepting his family as slaves.

hm

you shouldn't drunk post.

PUI: Posting Under the Influence

As in: Forgive me, I have been PUI all night.

tonight's episode was fantastic

the funny part was that in all the goodness of the episode, surprise surprise, no Wonder Twins!

i kinda feel bad for Sylar though. i definately want him to be in more of the show.

and the little bits they previewed for next week look spectacular.

tonight's episode was fantastic

the funny part was that in all the goodness of the episode, surprise surprise, no Wonder Twins!

i kinda feel bad for Sylar though. i definately want him to be in more of the show.

and the little bits they previewed for next week look spectacular.

I echo your thoughts! (thumbs u

:gossip: if we say anymore, it'll just spoil the show for those who want to watch it later...