• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larson Copy of Marvel Comics #1 on Heritage

217 posts in this topic

<<<< while you're here, any chance you can spend a little time to post some scans? >>>>

I've been meaning to. SOmebody sent me instructions on that and I have misplaced them. When I find them I'll figure it out and post some of the more interesting and rare stuff.

I'd be curious to know how much you were quoted on the restored detective 27 that you felt was what it should have been unrestored. One thing that makes it hard to guage value of restored books is that it's hard to guage value of unrestored books. If an unrestored in grade goes for way above guide, then it might be reasonable for a seller to feel the guide should not be the deciding factor about a restored copy, either. More so, I'd think, in the lower grades than in the higher.

200k.........Its simple. I say that number to myself. Than I say to myself 200k could not buy me an unrestored Tec 27..I just cant pull the trigger.

On these books I feel I have a good grasp of the premium values they would be expected to sell for.

For example a 6.0 Tec 27 unrestored .....160k.

for a 7.0...............................................210k

for 8.0..................................................350k

I wont go above this as higher than this is unexplored country

There is strong resistance for even the big collectors at 200k thats why I put a threashold of 210k on a 7.0...The 6.0 at only 50k less than the 7.0? Yeah I think so because the book is darn rare at 6.0 unrestored, supporting 160k figure.I dont think the giant leap in price happens between 6.0 and 7.0...It happens between 7.0 and 8.0...

<<<<<<<years in the hobby:

collecting interests:

best book you ever bought:

dealer or collector:

favorite book:

pet peaves:

things you'd like to see change in the hobby>>>>

Name is Bob, collecting off and on over thirty years. favorite char, spider-man; favorite old book collected, action 1. grew up on silver age but never was willing to spend much on back issues because I saw they were so common, but of course would change that now if I could. most back issues bought have been golden age and the characters I knew growing up, but discovered later and enjoy the ww2 and atomic age, anti-commie stuff. peeves would mostly be the shifting standards for grading, resto, etc that sometimes seem engineered to inflate or deflate books. On the same note frustrated by overstreet guide which deserves much priase for getting things started but lately sometimes gets it so wrong it seems they don't want to get it right. .Hope that covers it

Nice to meet you Bob ( if you call this meeting )

Thanks for sharing...this confirms that you are "real". ( On the Boards, you get a few shills posing as real human beings tongue.gif )

On these books I feel I have a good grasp of the premium values they would be expected to sell for.

For example a 6.0 Tec 27 unrestored .....160k.

for a 7.0...............................................210k

for 8.0..................................................350k

I shudder to think of the times I could have bought the book in those grades for a fraction of those prices. But I think you are right and they may go up from there. Compared to collectibles in other fields with far less recxognizability, the megakeys (action hey are still quite low.

Sorry to go off topic... but is there a reason every time you post you post three to four times in a row? Why not just edit the previous post? It makes it hard to tell if you are replying to something, or just continue to ramble...

They're nowhere near where Action 1s are going in any grade. The biggest book of all during the biggest boom in comic character awareness (over the last five years) and in lower grades it has gone up a few hundred bucs a year (even as it sold for above guide and sometimes multiples). And in higher grades? As the only near mint copy turned away offers of 1, 2 million or more, the guide continued to say it was worth a couple hundred thousand.

The recent sale of 200K for a VG caused a few heads to turn, buit when people asked me what's up with that I replied the book simply sold for what it's actually worth instead of what the guide says.

They're nowhere near where Action 1s are going in any grade. The biggest book of all during the biggest boom in comic character awareness (over the last five years) and in lower grades it has gone up a few hundred bucs a year (even as it sold for above guide and sometimes multiples). And in higher grades? As the only near mint copy turned away offers of 1, 2 million or more, the guide continued to say it was worth a couple hundred thousand.

The recent sale of 200K for a VG caused a few heads to turn, buit when people asked me what's up with that I replied the book simply sold for what it's actually worth instead of what the guide says.

Agreed !

<<<< while you're here, any chance you can spend a little time to post some scans? >>>>

I've been meaning to. SOmebody sent me instructions on that and I have misplaced them. When I find them I'll figure it out and post some of the more interesting and rare stuff.

Cool thumbsup2.gif

Did I hear someone say "instructions"? cool.gif

Posting Pics

gossip.gif Show him how to use the quote function too. thumbsup2.gif

When you select the "quote" link (right next to the edit link above a post), it automatically puts your opponents ... forum members post in the quote box just like I've done with Fuelman.

When you select the "quote" link (right next to the edit link above a post), it automatically puts your opponents ... forum members post in the quote box just like I've done with Fuelman.

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gif

If only all of my acolytes could learn so quickly!