• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should be interesting

20 posts in this topic

Well, the dealer selling it had it up for bids on his website. It topped out at $1800 and did not meet his reserve. I'm interested to see if it can beat that price on ebay.

I personally don't like Veitch's style on this page, but I like the content enough that I've been high bidder on it for the last day or two 27_laughing.gif

I know it's KM but it just seems high, John T's work I think is amazing, but not so much Rick V's. But having said that I think Miracleman is probably one of the best comic series ever produced. But I agree with Keith, I don't really care for this one at all.

But what do you think of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270038952338&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

3k in a private sale. Sandman 8, one of the best issues of the series.

3k in a private sale. Sandman 8, one of the best issues of the series.

Nice piece seeing the light of day. Wasn't on for very long before being pulled down... Sandman 8 is a grail for a few people and considering the prices which higher end pieces featuring Morpheus have been commanding in the last months, I don't think this is unreasonable.

Reminds me of the sweet page from the Season of Mists prologue that was floated on Ebay a few months back...

D'oh, I missed even seeing that Sandman 8 page.

Whoever snagged it (and I can probably guess) obviously wasn't taking any chances. There's a couple of interested parties who could have pushed it through the 3k mark easily.

Did that Seasons prologue page get pulled? I thought it simply failed to meet reserve.

Joseph

I actually asked the seller if he was going to end the auction early on the Sandman 8 page. Before I heard back, the page was pulled. I would have beat $3K. Not by much, but I would have done it. That's the first Death page from #8 that I've seen on the market.

D'oh, I missed even seeing that Sandman 8 page.

Whoever snagged it (and I can probably guess) obviously wasn't taking any chances. There's a couple of interested parties who could have pushed it through the 3k mark easily.

Did that Seasons prologue page get pulled? I thought it simply failed to meet reserve.

Joseph

Failed to meet reserve, but there was quite a bit of back and forth about a private purchase...

I actually asked the seller if he was going to end the auction early on the Sandman 8 page. Before I heard back, the page was pulled. I would have beat $3K. Not by much, but I would have done it. That's the first Death page from #8 that I've seen on the market.

I asked as well, and no response ever came. Death, Dream, Dringenberg... doesn't get much better than that!

Auction has ended at $1225. The same piece had reached $1800 at private auction and did not sell (owner was holding out for $2K). The winner has 0 feedback, signed on the last day of the auction, and only bid on this auction...893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Auction has ended at $1225. The same piece had reached $1800 at private auction and did not sell (owner was holding out for $2K). The winner has 0 feedback, signed on the last day of the auction, and only bid on this auction...hm

My thoughts exactly. If he really had an $1800 bid, he should have grabbed the cash and ran.

Auction has ended at $1225. The same piece had reached $1800 at private auction and did not sell (owner was holding out for $2K). The winner has 0 feedback, signed on the last day of the auction, and only bid on this auction...hm

I know - this sounds MIGHTY suspicious.

Well, it didn't take long for this page to show up again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Miracleman-Original-...tem160050674138

Recap: Consigned to an art dealer who held a private auction on his site. The high bid (allegedly) reaches $1800, but the consignor is holding out for $2K. Art dealer then lists the page on Ebay with "no reserve". The winning bid is $1225. The winning bidder ("rickytantan1") has 0 feedback. In fact, the only auction he's ever bid on is this one.

The same page is up for auction again on Ebay. The seller, btw, is not "rickytantan1".

Draw your own conclusions.

Ha, I thought this thread might be alive again. Also as a recap, the piece was being sold by a dealer for the owner. The piece says "To Jeff", and if you look at the sellers feedback, some of it says "Thanks Jeff".