• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Action #47, cuz I already have an Action #23, .....

oh, who'm I kidding, sorry.gif

I'd take that 7.0 Rockford Action #23 anyday..over most books..

And then you could sell me yours real cheap. poke2.gif

Action #47, cuz I already have an Action #23, .....

oh, who'm I kidding, sorry.gif

I'd take that 7.0 Rockford Action #23 anyday..over most books..

And then you could sell me yours real cheap. poke2.gif

I guess I could that 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

does anyone else feel that if Luthor was facing forward, and we could see his face, that #47 would be worth alot more than it currently is, which then would bring me to my next question,.. Hulk #180 is the first REAL Wolverine app, although he's not on the cover... Hulk #181 is Wolvie's first cover app.. and is worth more, would it be the same for Action #47 and #23 ???

(oh and please forgive me for even mentioning Bronze books in this thread) flowerred.gif

Mile High All star 3 [9.6 very slight glue] or All Star 3 unrestored 9.4 metro copy ?

I'll take a 9.4 TRUE unrestored all day long over a pedigree 9.6 of the same book that is wrongly encapsulated in a blue label, as "slight glue".. .. is AKA "slight restoration"

Edited by showcase-4

does anyone else feel that if Luthor was facing forward, and we could see his face, that #47 would be worth alot more than it currently is, which then would bring me to my next question,.. Hulk #180 is the first REAL Wolverine app, although he's not on the cover... Hulk #181 is Wolvie's first cover app.. and is worth more, would it be the same for Action #47 and #23 ???

(oh and please forgive me for even mentioning Bronze books in this thread) flowerred.gif

One week ban from the GA forum for mentioning bronze age Hulk comics. sumo.gif

Seriously, it's an interesting comment you bring up. I agree that a better image of Luthor on Action 47 would probably make that book a little more valuable. I personally think that Action 23 is undervalued as it stands now even without Luthor on the cover. Also a tough book in high grade. The fact Luthor appeared many times in the interior between issues 24-46 may dilute the importance of his first cover appearance in 47.

Oh, and both books are great, but I'll take the Rockford Action 23 over the 47. grin.gif

One week ban from the GA forum for mentioning bronze age Hulk comics. sumo.gif

Seriously, it's an interesting comment you bring up. I agree that a better image of Luthor on Action 47 would probably make that book a little more valuable. I personally think that Action 23 is undervalued as it stands now even without Luthor on the cover. Also a tough book in high grade. The fact Luthor appeared many times in the interior between issues 24-46 may dilute the importance of his first cover appearance in 47.

Oh, and both books are great, but I'll take the Rockford Action 23 over the 47. grin.gif

That's a fact, that the cover on the #47 is really not that attractive, compared to the Prestine #23 cover.

Great thread, here's my shot at this. Assuming value is similar which would you prefer, both rare books from the same era.

SMC31CGC8.jpg

cloud9.gif

Oh, wait, they're Canadian! poke2.gif