• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Both are unrestored, and both were around $250. Which one would you choose, and why ???

1643205-tec143.jpg

I will go with the Tec, I have always liked David Letterman, and this being his first cover appearance and all...

sign-funnypost.gif

Both are unrestored, and both were around $250. Which one would you choose, and why ???

...........or

1643205-archie.jpg

Archie's Pal. It seems a more distinctive comic than the Detective.

I would take the Tec over the Jughead...cause I have absolutely no interest in Archie books

Mystery Men over the Tec 2, This one was hard, both hard to find, both key in their own way, but the MM is much nicer. I also have a hard time with stained covers...so the Tec gets hit hard in my book.

Who am I kidding, I would use the money to buy more Timely's. If given to me with a choice, I'd probably sell them and buy Timely's.

1643205-tec143.jpg

I will go with the Tec, I have always liked David Letterman, and this being his first cover appearance and all...

@rap, now that everyone knows about the Letterman cover it will cost some serious buck to buy sorry.gif

Here's a comparison of rarely seen early GA books, a low grade 'Tec #2 vs. the Windy City Mystery Men #1 (2nd highest graded copy) whose page quality includes the phrase "light tan". Which would you choose?

811074007o.jpg

806006003o.jpg

I'm going back and forth on this one. I think I'm leaning towards the Fox book, but could be swayed the other way.

On this one, you can definitely put me down for the Mystery Men.

The 'Tec 2 just doesn't present that well given all that krap on the right edge. Must admit that early 'Tec's are really enticing however.

The MM1 is especially important when you consider that it is really the first book published by Fox. It's also a pedigree copy and hard to find in nice shape like most of the early Fox books.

Only real downer is that OS short of kill the demand interest in the book when he jacked the price up from $2,000 to $8,500 in fell swoop several years ago. 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Nothing that collectors chase more than an undervalued book and it's amazing how fast interest drops when they suddenly percieve it to be fully valued. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not even close. I think this one is going to be a clean sweep. $5k under guide for a MF 53 or full guide for a Superboy 1... You could throw in $5k in cash w/ that Superboy and I'd still take the More Fun.