• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Tough one but I'd take the HT.

1st issue (more marketability) but really because I like that war cover.

Steve - you didn't note which one you would take?

Tough one but I'd take the HT.

1st issue (more marketability) but really because I like that war cover.

Steve - you didn't note which one you would take?

he has them both insane.gif, why choose!

i would take them both!, but if I had to choose, my new timely brothers would be proud of me!

gator

Definitely the Human Torch. (There was HT 1 CGC 8.0 on eBay a while back that I really wanted but couldn't afford at the time. Then, when I could afford it, I had lost the seller's name, and the book was up on Clink with an asking price higher than I wanted to pay (probably to cover Clink fees). I think this book is undervalued right now. (Heck, its selling in grade, for almost the same prices as FF 1s these days much of the time. Which just seems wrong to me)

The MF 62 is a neat book too though!

Tough call as there are so many issues of HT#1 available and the More Fun would probably be the 2nd highest graded copy after the lone 9.6 one that is out there so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess at the end of the day I'd go with the Torch but I would flip flop at least 10 times before making a final decision. Steve what would you pick?

Tough call as there are so many issues of HT#1 available and the More Fun would probably be the 2nd highest graded copy after the lone 9.6 one that is out there so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess at the end of the day I'd go with the Torch but I would flip flop at least 10 times before making a final decision. Steve what would you pick?

a tough call for me as well....they are both my books, and I have a little "ping" in my gut suggesting that I should sell one and keep one ( to free up some cash so I can buy another Pre-Robin Tec! cloud9.gif )......wanted to get a feel from you guys as to which may be a better "keeper", and so far the overwhelming choice has been HT1, however, just like you said, the MF62 will be/should be the 2nd highest graded copy ( once graded )...nothing to sneeze at! The MF62 is much rarer in grade, but the HT1 is still high grade-ish, and is a top 20 GA Key.........I can not choose!!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I need more people to give their vote 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Steve

a tough call for me as well....they are both my books, and I have a little "ping" in my gut suggesting that I should sell one and keep one ( to free up some cash so I can buy another Pre-Robin Tec! cloud9.gif )......wanted to get a feel from you guys as to which may be a better "keeper", and so far the overwhelming choice has been HT1, however, just like you said, the MF62 will be/should be the 2nd highest graded copy ( once graded )...nothing to sneeze at! The MF62 is much rarer in grade, but the HT1 is still high grade-ish, and is a top 20 GA Key.........I can not choose!!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Steve

I'd choose the MF62 for two reasons:

1. It's an uber high grade copy

2. It's a classic Spectre cover

there is no doubt the more fun is considerably more rare, just in general....HT is a "common key", but a key none the less....I love More Funs, and if I was a high grade guy, I would consider it, but timely's are cool too....

however, if the decision is to keep one, and sell one, the obviously thing to ask, which will make your decision easy, is: Which one can I relatively easily replace in the future?...I Think the obvious answer is the HT, so keep the MF...

rick

a tough call for me as well....they are both my books, and I have a little "ping" in my gut suggesting that I should sell one and keep one ( to free up some cash so I can buy another Pre-Robin Tec! cloud9.gif )......wanted to get a feel from you guys as to which may be a better "keeper"

Thats a different question I think. If I had to buy one or the other it'd be the HT 1. But if I owned them both and had to pick one to keep and one to sell, I might be tempted to keep the More Fun. The Human Torch is probably an easier book to sell, and since the MF 62 is ultra high grade it should, in theory, appreciate in price faster. Plus, as someone else already mentioned, the HT 1 would be far easier to replace. Either way though, you're choosing between a Timely key issue, a ultra high grade classic Spectre cover, and pre-robin 'Tecs. I don't think you can really go wrong no matter what you decide thumbsup2.gif

Steve

In my opinion I would keep the 62...you WILL find another HT 1......maybe not a 7.0 or higher right away, but your not very likley to find another 9.4 MF62.......and I would rather have a lower grade HT1 and super high grade MF62 then two mid grade copies of both.

But dare I say....if you want the pre robin tecs enough to sell one in the first place then why not sell both? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (thats what I would do yay.gif)

Either way you can't go wrong! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve

I'd choose the MF62 for two reasons:

1. It's an uber high grade copy

2. It's a classic Spectre cover

It will be harder to replace the More Fun with an equivalent copy so if you really like that issue you might take that into consideration.

I would personally prefer the MF62 for the reasons stated above.

Steve

I vote for the Torch. My experience has been the MF 62 is more common in high grade than the other Spectre More Funs. I have owned and seen quite a few beauties of that book.

I have to be honest, I don't find either of those covers very appealing (and no, it's not because there's are no troopers on it) just find the art on both those books very mediocre. For $10k I could find a more appealing book.

Thanks to all of you who chose.......the final count was:

Human Torch: 6

More Fun: 5

There are 2 HT1's for sale now on ComicLink.......a Blue label VG and a Blue label screwy.gif "glue on spine and centerfold" VF. (might as well have dipped the entire book in a bucket of glue to seal all the tears properly)

I am going to watch those 2 auctions, and see how they pan out.....if they do well and appear to be at all "hot", then I would keep the HT1 no matter what. I would really like to keep both books, but this is an "off" business year for me, so I need to turn over some funny books to get the ones I really want ( Tec 29, 31, 33, 35,....168 cloud9.gif ).......hate it when that happens tongue.gif

Steve