• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

So as far my choice, if the Supes is a 1st printing.... :takeit:

If it's a 2nd printing, I'll take the Cap! :shy:

Does CGC ever note the printing on their label?

I don't believe they do, though that may have changed. They should really do this for GA books where it is possible to distinguish bewtween printings. Out of This World #1 is another book that they don't distinguish between printings. I don't understand why they don't do this for GA books - they do list the printing number for books from other periods like Zap Comix and TMNT. (shrug)

Jeff

My thinking is that the primary reason they do not currently distinguish between the various GA printings on books such as Supes #1, Bats #1, Marvel #1, etc is that they are not yet segregated in the OS price guide.

Once OS gets around to segregating the various printings, you can bet your bottom dollar CGC will also do it.

Batman 1. The Marvel one is restored, because of glue and at the least should be in a qualified label. :boo:

I guess I never really understood that one...if you scrape the very minor amount of glue off, it likely doesn't affect the grade (at least not that much or it would be in a purple label), etc, so how is that restored or why does it need to be qualified (it already states on the label it is there)?

sure, someone at one point decided that a drop of glue would maybe prevent something (not sure what the glue is doing or what it is holding or if it is serving any purpose at all) from getting worse, but that doesn't affect the fact that it is a VF copy, does it? or maybe it would knock it down to a vf-?...this whole mentality that something that minor should be considered "restored" is just rediculous in my book ...Black hand, this post was not in any way directed specifically at you, I just used it to illustrate my point that many many seem to feel that way...now, this is just my opinion, so I am not saying someone else's opinion is not any more correct or valid than mine...I just don't get it? (shrug)

gator

BATTLE ROYALE !!!

Both of these GA Pedigree Mega-keys sold for approx $105,000 in 2006. Grader's notes on Marvel 1 - "very minor amount of glue on cover"

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Larson Marvel 1

Batman 1. The Marvel one is restored, because of glue and at the least should be in a qualified label. :boo:

I guess I never really understood that one...if you scrape the very minor amount of glue off, it likely doesn't affect the grade (at least not that much or it would be in a purple label), etc, so how is that restored or why does it need to be qualified (it already states on the label it is there)?

sure, someone at one point decided that a drop of glue would maybe prevent something (not sure what the glue is doing or what it is holding or if it is serving any purpose at all) from getting worse, but that doesn't affect the fact that it is a VF copy, does it? or maybe it would knock it down to a vf-?...this whole mentality that something that minor should be considered "restored" is just rediculous in my book ...Black hand, this post was not in any way directed specifically at you, I just used it to illustrate my point that many many seem to feel that way...now, this is just my opinion, so I am not saying someone else's opinion is not any more correct or valid than mine...I just don't get it? (shrug)

gator

uh oh.....here we go again................ doh!

I agree with Black_Hand, and am probably in the minority. Rick, you are correct...very minor glue could be easily removed, and that might create a slight drop in grade due to the loss of paper/cover the glue sat on. Maybe an 8.0 would become a 7.5. I think Black_Hands point, and mine as well....is that unrestored books don't have "very minor" anything done to them....glue, color touch....whatever....that's what makes them unrestored! Glue or CT notes make a black and white issue an uneeded and confusing shade of gray. While on this subject....the qualified label doesn't help clarify things much either. This Marvel 1 is gorgeous....it's not about that...it's the label being in Black_Hand's (assuming I am reading his post right) and my opinion being made of smoke and mirrors instead of paper