• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Marvel Mystery Comics #8 (1940) CGC Universal 3.5

or

Mystic Comics #1 (1940) CGC Universal 5.0

hm

They are both lame covers, so if I had to choose I guess I would go with the higher grade.

or

hm

They are both lame covers, so if I had to choose I guess I would go with the higher grade.

That's funny, that's exactly how I feel about the Tec 35 cover, but I guess beauty in in the eye of the beholder. :roflmao:

or

hm

That's funny, that's exactly how I feel about the Tec 35 cover, but I guess beauty in in the eye of the beholder. :roflmao:

:jokealert::kidaround: right ??? You are joking right?

AF 15, no question. I would wager that the AF 15 is worth significantly more, anyway.

Man, this is the hardest match-up yet... I don't collect either character, both books are significantly important to their respective ages, and both are iconic, world-renowned covers... I guess, based on rarity alone, I would take the Action...

Action #2 over Tec #225 - court copy provenance makes up for resto - and the cover is cooler.

Mystic #1 - I guess - though MM#8 should be a bigger key - isn't it the first actual meeting/battle between Torch & Subby? - #9 gets all the attention due to the lame Angel cover on #8

Tough choice on the Af #15 vs. Action #1 - I wouldn't hold on to either one - so whatever I could flip for the most.

my thoughts are while I personally would choose the action 1, the AF15 in 9.6 is currently worth likely double what that 6.5 action would bring (my guess is $750k-to maybe even 1million) versus $500K or so...

just a guess, I have nothing to back those numbers up with

Figured I would save Steve the trouble of doing this later.

Both of these have been off the market for years, so it's hard to say what the market value is, but if you could pick one, blah, blah, blah

image_6_1_full.jpg

image_485_1_full.jpg

screw the money ( AF15 probably worth considerably more )......I have Golden Age blood running thru my veins..........Action 1 for me. Nothing trumps Action 1 ( especially a gorgeous, mid-grade CGC graded unrestored / no graders notes copy with nice PQ )

Spidey is my favorite CB character but no way I could pick anything but the Action 1 :cloud9:

as for the other comparisons...Action 2, & Mystic 1 though I really don't like either of those books in Dizzy's comparison as I am a cover art fanatic and neither one of those covers does it for me (shrug)

I'll take the Action #1 definitely, :cloud9:

I can always get an AF15 (not in 9.6 of course), at either the next comic con I go to or Clink, Metro, etc. I missed the boat about 3 years ago when my LCS owner had a 7.0 he was asking $7,000 for, and at the time I thought that price was too high doh!

or

hm

well, i'm bleeding from the eyes, as it took alot of gerber work, but i did finally get to the bottom of it: if mystic 1's cover is lame, that means there are 17 non-lame d.c. covers, globally. silver age included.