• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

ASSUMING the asking prices are fair, let's take a little shopping trip to the ComicLink present Key Books for sale on their site / the exchange.

for approx. $340,000, you could have the Cap 1 or

the Tec 27 and Spidey 1, which are approx. $340,000 for both

which one would you throw in yuor shopping cart, and why???

Cap 1. The tape on the Tec 27 would bug me

Absolutely. The Tec 27 is really a 1.8 that got the 'magic tape bump'. otherwise, the ASM 1 is the best investment.

I guess the magic tape bump will soon be history:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3327&CGC-Modifies-Stance-on-Grading-Submissions-with-Tape

What blows my mind is that it ever existed in the first place.

Tec 31. No brainer.

Yeah, I guess I agree. Adventure 40 was always considered a GA key, but I don't know if there is a GA hero deader than the original Sandman. So I guess even a rag of a Tec 31 beats it.

For potential resale I suppose the Tec #31. Declining interest key vs. THE classic Batman cover from the GA. But if I was keeping, I'd take the Adventure #40, as it's a decent looking copy of what I still think of as a very cool book, vs. an ugly condition book that I'd feel an immediate need to upgrade. Now a Tec #31 with a decent looking front cover that was completely split from the spine and an ugly back cover, but looked sweet in mylar - that's another story.

I don't know if there is a GA hero deader than the original Sandman.

Hourman (says a Sandman fan). :gossip:

Star-Spangled Kid libel!

Another strong -- I guess I mean weak! -- candidate.

Tec 31. No brainer.

Yeah, I guess I agree. Adventure 40 was always considered a GA key, but I don't know if there is a GA hero deader than the original Sandman. So I guess even a rag of a Tec 31 beats it.

This.

Well, for me it would be the Adventure 40 over the 'Tec 31.

The Adventure 40 is a much tougher book to find as compared to the 'Tec 31. In addition, not only is the Adventure unrestored, but the Detective has a bit too much work done to it to qualify as only Slight Restoration from my point of view. Finally, the Adventure 40 just presents do much better than the 'Tec 31.

As for the second set, I would go for the Cap 2 over the More Fun 52. Tougher choice here and it would have been a no-brainer had it been a Cap 3 instead. When in doubt, always go for the grade (i.e. a 8.0 book is always better investment than a 4.0 book). Cap also has a lot more going forward for himself as an ongoing character, as compared to the Spectre. Also don't really care for the minor work done on the More Fun.

So, no contest for me, it would be the Adventure 40 and the Cap 2. (thumbs u

I'm biased, but the 8.0 copy of Cap 2 would be my choice over a low/mid-grade More Fun 52 for a variety of reasons (S&K art, character significance and media success).

Of course, already owning a copy of Cap 2 I'd be tempted to crack the lower grade copy out as a reading copy. lol

Adventure 40 1st app Than More-fun 52 1st app :headbang:

I have to agree. Plus the A 40 and MF 52 are the two priciest books in the run for their respective characters making the rest of each mini run easier to complete. Not that I have the funds for either but it would suck to still need a CA 1 and Tec 27 (& 29, 35, 37 etc). I'm a run builder at heart I guess.

That's a tough one because I'm not a huge fan of either character. I don't hate them, but I just don't care enough.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Superman 1 because I could sell it faster for a book I really want.