• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I hope its ok that I'm reviving this thread. And I know the results may be a little skewed since one is GA and one is SA..

But if you had these two books in your collection and you had to immediately sell one and keep the other, which would you sell and which would you keep? (And why?)

Option 1:

AllStar8-2.jpg

Option 2:

IncredibleHulk1CGC65-1.jpg

If you have a buyer for the All Star, sell it. The Hulk keeps going up in value.

I feel the same way. Both books are strictly investment books for me, I don't give a hoot about either.

How often do you see the All Star 8 come up vs. how often do you see Hulk 1 for sale. My sense is that the Hulk 1 can be quickly and reasonably replaced compared to the All Star 8. Am I wrong? (shrug)

No, I don't think your wrong. In fact I would say you are correct. I just don't care about either book for anything other than an investment.

I don't see the AS 8 doing much in the near future unless a WW movie does well. All Stars as a whole have been in decline for some time IIRC.

Hulk #1 keeps going up in value year after year.

Logic tells me to dump the AS and keep the Hulk. If I am mistaken about the market for the books obviously my opinion would change, as neither is a book I care about, I don't follow the market much, only what I hear discussed on the boards really.

AF 15! Spidey is easily one of the top 2 comic characters of all time (with Bats). The Lantern is a great book and Id take one any day but a AF 15 in high grade. wow. Tons of collectors out there who would die to have it. and even much more people out there who just want to have a copy of the first Spidey.

Edited by Yannis