• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 40 VF-VF on E-bay - too good to be true?

40 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello all...

for someone in CAN that sells to someone in the US, there is virtually no risk in taking money (signed for or not)....this seller is obviously engaging in shill bidding, and I believe has not disclosed work done to the book (I do believe they have the book though)...it is "easy" to scam someone across the border...

just because you send a payment registered and they sign for it and cash it, do you know how next to impossible it would be to get your money back if it is a scam or the item is not what they presented and you wanted a refund and they refuse?...I have had a situation dealing with a person in CAN several years ago, that almost took me for $5K...it took me over a year, and more paperwork, and costs in phone calls and registered letters , and talking with Canadian customs and Canadian Province officials, and retaining lawyers in Canada, etc, that at one point, I almost gave up....luckily, I caught a break, but man, it just is not worth it if you are not 100% sure the auction is on the up and up (and the shill bidding alone tells me it is not)...

rick

Thanks for your judgement regarding the auction. My suspicion was alerted when the seller mentioned that he was allowed to walk out of the comic shop with his books. grin.gif

I don't know about you, but the captain does not originate from my right hip. It's more centered.

sign-funnypost.gif

Pfft. It just appears to come from the hip because I wrap it around my back first. tongue.gif

I don't know about you, but the captain does not originate from my right hip. It's more centered.

sign-funnypost.gif

Pfft. It just appears to come from the hip because I wrap it around my back first. tongue.gif

Bronty Holmes.... 27_laughing.gif

hello all...

has anyone watched the shill bidding activity on this book, the last 2 days...crazy obvious, but maybe the seller is hoping a "legit" bidder will come in and snipe at the artificially inflated price

rick

This book is restored copy. Bought it on ebay about 6 months ago. Knew it was restored in an instand upon receipt. Contacted Canadian seller. Seller denied the book was restored until I was able to produce a picture of the book in a restored CGC holder.

The book was sent back. Paypal was only able to recover about $1400. Am still out about $700. Having been trying to collect ever since.

Stephen

This book is restored copy. Bought it on ebay about 6 months ago. Knew it was restored in an instand upon receipt. Contacted Canadian seller. Seller denied the book was restored until I was able to produce a picture of the book in a restored CGC holder.

The book was sent back. Paypal was only able to recover about $1400. Am still out about $700. Having been trying to collect ever since.

Stephen

893whatthe.gif Is the guy that is selling it now, the same guy you purchased it from?

Stephen

893whatthe.gif Is the guy that is selling it now, the same guy you purchased it from?

Different ID.

Stephen

mad.gif

Stephen

hello all...

tough to collect across the border, but good luck

rick

For those of you that are a little slow......don't bid on this book. OK.

I have a scan of it in a restored F/VF holder.

Stephen

I'm definitely not going after this book, but i was curious to know to what extent of restoration does the book have? Thanks.

For those of you that are a little slow......don't bid on this book. OK.

I have a scan of it in a restored F/VF holder.

Stephen

I'm definitely not going after this book, but i was curious to know to what extent of restoration does the book have? Thanks.

cleaning, color touch, minor re-inforcement.

S

Something weird is going on here...

The most recent FB for the seller is from a user called ops-plan:

bigkid0_1 FB page

Notice the FB of the current high bidder:

dungeondruid FB page

Coincidental? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even without this I would worry about a heavily restored book

One of the great things about this site is the efforts in mitigating the chance of unwitting eBay sellers from getting burned. I see that all three eBay sellers mentioned in this thread are now unregistered users. smile.gif

Something weird is going on here...

The most recent FB for the seller is from a user called ops-plan:

bigkid0_1 FB page

Notice the FB of the current high bidder:

dungeondruid FB page

Coincidental? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even without this I would worry about a heavily restored book

One of the great things about this site is the efforts in mitigating the chance of unwitting eBay sellers from getting burned. I see that all three eBay sellers mentioned in this thread are now unregistered users. smile.gif

headbang.gif