• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

If you really want someone to participate in this thread just PM them, but there is no reason to pressure this type of disclosure.

Can you not read? screwy.gif

Go back & re-read my posts. I have'nt pressurised anyone, just merely reacting to 'OldPie's' unsolicited views.

You are turning this into a fascist exercise and not respecting peoples' free choice.

Zieg Hiel yeahok.gif

Pick me up a pair of Jack Boots will ya', next time you're shopping at Wal-mart?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not sharing a bio in this thread, however brief...you are being aggressive and there is no need.

Again...CAN YOU NOT READ confused-smiley-013.gif.

Go Back and read my Posts about participation, I suggest you start at the 1st one......

Btw, I appreciate your efforts in keeping this thread on track

Well Bully...Thanks flowerred.gif

but remember that you are just some random guy on a message board.

Really I thought I was Lex Luthor insane.gif

Tom Hughes , please give it a rest.

You started this thread as a noble thing, to galvanize the board, create a spirit of openness and generally make everyone at ease with each other.

But you are alienating more and more board members by your aggressive stance and your attempts at sarcasm when most people bring serious issues to the table.

Let's get back to the positive

You started this thread as a noble thing, to galvanize the board, create a spirit of openness and generally make everyone at ease with each other.

But you are alienating more and more board members by your aggressive stance and your attempts at sarcasm when most people bring serious issues to the table.

Fair enough Allan.

I will draw a line under it.

Let's just say to whoever.... if you don't want to post your Bio, I really could'nt give a *spoon*.

If you do want to post...More Power to ya' thumbsup2.gif

Regards

Tom angel.gif

Fair enough Allan.

I will draw a line under it.

Let's just say to whoever.... if you don't want to post your Bio, I really could'nt give a *spoon*.

Regards

Tom angel.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Greetings. I am Jim and my eBay account is "nifty37". I am a huge mixed martial arts fan (UFC, Pride Fighting, International Fight League, etc.) and have been reading and collecting comics on and off since around 1990. I am married, have 2 cats, and work as a computer programmer at a small internet development company in PA.

'Web rage' attacker jailed

By David Sapsted

Last Updated: 1:28am GMT 18/11/2006

The first person to be charged with a "web rage" attack was jailed for two and a half years today.

Tempers flared after Paul Gibbons, 47, and John Jones, 43, exchanged insults in an Internet chatroom, an Old Bailey judge was told.

After tracing Mr Jones to his home address in Clacton, Gibbons armed himself with a pickaxe handle and, accompanied by a man with a machete, travelled 70 miles to the Essex seaside town in December 2005.

When they arrived, Mr Jones, whose girlfriend and three children were in the house, opened the door holding a knife for protection. A fight broke out in which Mr Jones was disarmed and then beaten with the pickaxe handle and cut with his own knife.

Mr Green added that there was a misconception that anything said in chatrooms was anonymous, leading to people writing things that they otherwise would not dream of saying.

Det Sgt Jean-Marc Bazzoni, of Essex Police, said that the case demonstrated the importance of protecting one's identity on the Internet. It demonstrates how easily other users can put two and two together and also shows how children could also find themselves in danger."

Link to story.

'Web rage' attacker jailed

By David Sapsted

Last Updated: 1:28am GMT 18/11/2006

The first person to be charged with a "web rage" attack was jailed for two and a half years today.

Tempers flared after Paul Gibbons, 47, and John Jones, 43, exchanged insults in an Internet chatroom, an Old Bailey judge was told.

After tracing Mr Jones to his home address in Clacton, Gibbons armed himself with a pickaxe handle and, accompanied by a man with a machete, travelled 70 miles to the Essex seaside town in December 2005.

When they arrived, Mr Jones, whose girlfriend and three children were in the house, opened the door holding a knife for protection. A fight broke out in which Mr Jones was disarmed and then beaten with the pickaxe handle and cut with his own knife.

Mr Green added that there was a misconception that anything said in chatrooms was anonymous, leading to people writing things that they otherwise would not dream of saying.

Det Sgt Jean-Marc Bazzoni, of Essex Police, said that the case demonstrated the importance of protecting one's identity on the Internet. It demonstrates how easily other users can put two and two together and also shows how children could also find themselves in danger."

Link to story.

OK....I admit it it's me poke2.gif

1493483-uwebrage.jpg

Anyone want to mess with a screwy.gif guy?

I know where y'all live insane.gif

Whatever. You are not getting it.

If you really want someone to participate in this thread just PM them, but there is no reason to pressure this type of disclosure.

Can you not read? screwy.gif

Go back & re-read my posts. I have'nt pressurised anyone, just merely reacting to 'OldPie's' unsolicited views.

You are turning this into a fascist exercise and not respecting peoples' free choice.

Zieg Hiel yeahok.gif

Pick me up a pair of Jack Boots will ya', next time you're shopping at Wal-mart?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not sharing a bio in this thread, however brief...you are being aggressive and there is no need.

Again...CAN YOU NOT READ confused-smiley-013.gif.

Go Back and read my Posts about participation, I suggest you start at the 1st one......

Btw, I appreciate your efforts in keeping this thread on track

Well Bully...Thanks flowerred.gif

but remember that you are just some random guy on a message board.

Really I thought I was Lex Luthor insane.gif

I was going to make a "point" and not post in the thread because I wasn't even reading it (and thus when I wandered upon Alex's musings, it made me chuckle b/c I wasn't intentionally doing anything until last night regarding this thread) as I'm doing a lot less posting or reading of the boards other than to stay up on them to communicate with CGC along with Scott and Brad. Then I thought, that's silly, because everyone knows who I am anyway.

Here's my brief bio, and it can be read by clicking the link:

http://www.bcoonlaw.com/attorneys/bio?bi...t_name=Ketterer

As a comic collector, I enjoy these boards but I see that it is less and less like when I first joined here, for better or for worse. A recent experience with another board member soured me when their tone turned accusatory -- and it made me realize that many of the people don't really know us, and we don't know them. Thus, my comment in this thread. I've met some great people and talked with others. I'm less interested in checking and reading the boards, and being away in Las Vegas highlighted this to me and just reading from a distance takes far less time and more than sates my comic internet fix.

Aside from the above referenced experience (and probably more important to me personally in my decision to spend less time here), you may have noticed that Flaming Telepath departed the boards as well, after some other debacle with lemur55 (without a DQ exit). In the end, this was another thing that made me realize that I've spent a lot of time here on the boards and people like to lash out at each other, and it's time to focus my attention on other things. While I want to look in and observe the boards and still maintain a relationship with my friends that I made here and the folks at CGC -- I did not want a drama queen exit -- because I'm not exiting, just stepping away from any sort of primary posting role. A few forumites mentioned to me my lessened presence, and since it will get less and less, I thought I'd post. Perhaps it will make me a better listener to the concerns the boards raises and in communicating them to CGC accurately and reporting back an accurate statement of their position.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy comics and the boards for what they are (Check out the Gold thread, just an awesome place to read some great comics history and fan appreciation for the medium), and will probably soon start a thread on where to post your questions or concerns you'd like to see Brad, Scott and myself pose to CGC so that we can get the answers to questions that board members have. Perhaps I'll still see some of you at cons or at forum dinners -- and even here from time to time on the boards.

i'll tell ya taking some real time off can do wonders! Even though i am a relative newbie here with a little over a year and barely over a 1000 posts i found that last winter i was spending way too much time here! I took about 6 months off without even lurking and i feel so much better now! IMHO it just isn't healthy to "live" on these boards year round- take some time off and get a breath of fresh air - it's just what the doctor ordered!

marv the mad doctor

you should list all the other board members who have yet to disclose and shame them.

That's not my intention.

If they choose not take part, that's their choice.

I must say I am somewhat nonplussed that some of the big cahooners around here have totally chosen to snub this thread.

Not picking on anyone, but all the Lawyers stand out for a start.

When you look at who is on the list, you can see the real players.

Respect to them for a distinct lack of arrogance hail.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Like I need to post a bio here for people to identify me. Just because I don't play your little game doesn't mean people don't know who I am. So zip it, tool.

you should list all the other board members who have yet to disclose and shame them.

That's not my intention.

I must say I am somewhat nonplussed that some of the big cahooners around here have totally chosen to snub this thread.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Like I need to post a bio here for people to identify me. Just because I don't play your little game doesn't mean people don't know who I am. So zip it, tool.

popcorn.gif

That's not my intention.

893applaud-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

That's not my intention.

893applaud-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif
I thought you were going to bed. Christo_pull_hair.gif

That's not my intention.

893applaud-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif
Soon

That's not my intention.

893applaud-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif
Soon
893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I was going to make a "point" and not post in the thread because I wasn't even reading it (and thus when I wandered upon Alex's musings, it made me chuckle b/c I wasn't intentionally doing anything until last night regarding this thread) as I'm doing a lot less posting or reading of the boards other than to stay up on them to communicate with CGC along with Scott and Brad. Then I thought, that's silly, because everyone knows who I am anyway.

Here's my brief bio, and it can be read by clicking the link:

http://www.bcoonlaw.com/attorneys/bio?bi...t_name=Ketterer

As a comic collector, I enjoy these boards but I see that it is less and less like when I first joined here, for better or for worse. A recent experience with another board member soured me when their tone turned accusatory -- and it made me realize that many of the people don't really know us, and we don't know them. Thus, my comment in this thread. I've met some great people and talked with others. I'm less interested in checking and reading the boards, and being away in Las Vegas highlighted this to me and just reading from a distance takes far less time and more than sates my comic internet fix.

Aside from the above referenced experience (and probably more important to me personally in my decision to spend less time here), you may have noticed that Flaming Telepath departed the boards as well, after some other debacle with lemur55 (without a DQ exit). In the end, this was another thing that made me realize that I've spent a lot of time here on the boards and people like to lash out at each other, and it's time to focus my attention on other things. While I want to look in and observe the boards and still maintain a relationship with my friends that I made here and the folks at CGC -- I did not want a drama queen exit -- because I'm not exiting, just stepping away from any sort of primary posting role. A few forumites mentioned to me my lessened presence, and since it will get less and less, I thought I'd post. Perhaps it will make me a better listener to the concerns the boards raises and in communicating them to CGC accurately and reporting back an accurate statement of their position.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy comics and the boards for what they are (Check out the Gold thread, just an awesome place to read some great comics history and fan appreciation for the medium), and will probably soon start a thread on where to post your questions or concerns you'd like to see Brad, Scott and myself pose to CGC so that we can get the answers to questions that board members have. Perhaps I'll still see some of you at cons or at forum dinners -- and even here from time to time on the boards.

You sound like a very nice guy, Foolkiller...hope we see more from you. thumbsup2.gif

Andy