• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Hey guys, that's why I took the quote from Steve's sales thread and pasted it here, rather than reply in the original thread and create more problems.

And once again, this had nothing to do with Steve, and everything to do with the "oh I like him/he sells sweet books, so the normal rules don't apply" attitude I commonly see on here.

(thumbs u

rantrant

Sadly we live in a time that could be aptly title the "Age of Entitlement', where people feel they can do whatever they want because it promotes/advances their best interests no matter what the established etiquette/guidelines/laws are (not commenting specifically on this board but globally). Guidelines/laws exist so people have an expectation of acceptable behavior from each other, sometimes established by majority vote or sometimes established by an entity providing platform of interaction(say, CGC for example).

Can people disagree with the guidelines? Absolutely, and have the right to be vocal about it.

Should that disagreement extend to ignoring the guideline? If that is the choice made then that person should be prepared for the consequences.

When valid issues are brought up in the appropriate & polite manner(PM first, if no response then what next? post in thread?) the anticipation is that we as a community make everyone aware of the guidelines that help make this a pleasant place to be a part of and not have to deal with excessive moderator policing. The guidelines exist: getting defensive just because they are brought up is not a reflection that someone does not "have a life".

Is everyone always going to agree on every topic/opinion? No. Is everyone going to like everyone else? No. Is anyone here perfect? Frak no. Hopefully some median can be found where the CGC Board can be enjoyed in a variety of ways by contributing, lurking, posting stuff for sale, whatever your flavor may be.

That's all I have to say about that (for now).

rantrant

Sadly we live in a time that could be aptly title the "Age of Entitlement', where people feel they can do whatever they want because it promotes/advances their best interests no matter what the established etiquette/guidelines/laws are (not commenting specifically on this board but globally). Guidelines/laws exist so people have an expectation of acceptable behavior from each other, sometimes established by majority vote or sometimes established by an entity providing platform of interaction(say, CGC for example).

Can people disagree with the guidelines? Absolutely, and have the right to be vocal about it.

Should that disagreement extend to ignoring the guideline? If that is the choice made then that person should be prepared for the consequences.

When valid issues are brought up in the appropriate & polite manner(PM first, if no response then what next? post in thread?) the anticipation is that we as a community make everyone aware of the guidelines that help make this a pleasant place to be a part of and not have to deal with excessive moderator policing. The guidelines exist: getting defensive just because they are brought up is not a reflection that someone does not "have a life".

Is everyone always going to agree on every topic/opinion? No. Is everyone going to like everyone else? No. Is anyone here perfect? Frak no. Hopefully some median can be found where the CGC Board can be enjoyed in a variety of ways by contributing, lurking, posting stuff for sale, whatever your flavor may be.

That's all I have to say about that (for now).

thank god! zzz

Adding a guideline to avoid reposting any books for at least a week after the original threads goes up does seem like a reasonable idea.

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

Adding a guideline to avoid reposting any books for at least a week after the original threads goes up does seem like a reasonable idea.

Comments appreciated.

I agree, Arch --- but with an added suggestion. Currently, we are unable to edit a post that is more than 3 days old. This makes it impossible to mark a book "sold" or "price reduced" after that time period.

If this edit-ability could be extended to 1 week, then no seller would feel the need to re-boot by consolidating into a new sales thread.

Just a thought . . . hm

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u again. I don't see how it'd be enforced, but I think it is a good rule.

Also if possible, making it so people must have 100 posts before creating a thread in the FS forum? Maybe?

Comments appreciated.

I agree, Arch --- but with an added suggestion. Currently, we are unable to edit a post that is more than 3 days old. This makes it impossible to mark a book "sold" or "price reduced" after that time period.

If this edit-ability could be extended to 1 week, then no seller would feel the need to re-boot by consolidating into a new sales thread.

Just a thought . . . hm

Exactly, I feel the same way. It helps when you don't have to update the leftovers in a new thread.

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u again. I don't see how it'd be enforced, but I think it is a good rule.

Also if possible, making it so people must have 100 posts before creating a thread in the FS forum? Maybe?

Which could be 100 graemlins, rattled off in the half-hour following registration. (shrug)

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

Which could be 100 graemlins, rattled off in the half-hour following registration. (shrug)

:sorry:

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

You're right, but it's better than nothing.

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

He said a 100, not 50,000. :baiting:

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

He said a 100, not 50,000. :baiting:

Now THAT'S a :signfunny:

There's been an amazing number of posts and sales in the forum over the last 1-2 months. When Brian (FK) starts a new thread after 2 PM, and by 9 PM it's in the middle of the 2nd page (for me anyway), you know this place is hopping and the market is hot, hot, hot! :applause:

Therefore, I think it's warranted that we again considera sub-division in the marketplace to mirror the regular discussion forums:

- Comics Market (Golden Age)

- Comics Market (Silver Age)

- Comics Market (Bronze Age)

- Comics Market (Modern Age)

- Comics Market (Other)

hm

I'm going to ask what your thoughts are when someone has a run of books starting in, say, 1966 and ending in 1974?

Just curious, not fishing

Seller's choice...just like ebay. If that was me, I'd split the listings between SA and BA. I would be curious what the stats are, but it sure seems like there are like 2-3x as many for sale posts as there were even 2 months ago.

Wow, I just looked and even the WTB forum has almost a page of "new" posts since noon. :o

personally i like it the way it is, being a collector of all eras (well not GA ....yet :shy:)its easier to see all the listings

Or give spider-man his own forum section and problem solved rantrant

As a buyer, even though I don't buy moderns, I look at the threads to see if something else snuck in...and I enjoy looking at the presentations. If you split them up, I'll just look at GA, and the last two people I bought from, would not have had sales, cause I wouldn't have looked in Silver.

As a seller, I rarely sell stuff that is just one genre, and I would wind up with 3 threads, which is not always so easy to juggle.

So, I guess for now, I like it the way it is, I would prefer being able to keep a longer list on the top page, maybe up to 50 listings.

As a buyer, even though I don't buy moderns, I look at the threads to see if something else snuck in...and I enjoy looking at the presentations. If you split them up, I'll just look at GA, and the last two people I bought from, would not have had sales, cause I wouldn't have looked in Silver.

That's a great point. I only "search" for GA, but from time to time I impulse-buy SA, BA & CA and even moderns when the right books came up....

hm

I think my wife would like to vote that we split up into five forums. lol