• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I think we need a Forum Cop (no, not me) with Mod abilities in the Marketplace who can *quickly* get rid of some of the newbie posts that CONSTANTLY puke all over the rules and make it more difficult for real sellers to get their books noticed.

Someone like Awe/Jim, Nik, etc. - a guy who's here buying and knows the deal.

:gossip: already done.......,

I think we need a Forum Cop (no, not me) with Mod abilities in the Marketplace who can *quickly* get rid of some of the newbie posts that CONSTANTLY puke all over the rules and make it more difficult for real sellers to get their books noticed.

Someone like Awe/Jim, Nik, etc. - a guy who's here buying and knows the deal.

I think this has been brought up in the past, and I couldn't agree more. I definitely think it would help with:

-members new to selling (whether new to the forums as a whole or old time members who've never sold before) and don't follow the guidelines.

-people who thread in others' sales threads

-fill in the blank.

One other thing I would like to propose is a guideline that the seller should give some indication of what he/she is selling in the thread title.

The majority of people already do this, but these seem to be some gene-deficients who continually list with "High-Grade Books for Sale!" and "Lots of New Slabs" useless titles, and when you click on them you find a ton of off-the-shelf Moderns or esoteric nudies.

If you're selling Moderns, then use Moderns in the title, the same with Gold, Silver and Bronze. Selling a lot of Indies or Adult books? Put it in the title. Creating an all-encompassing sales thread with multiple eras? Then post "GA/SA/MA" (or similar) in the title.

If you're selling quality books or slabs, then outlining what is for sale is just good business. Life is too short to look at every single book posted here and I use thread titles to whittle it down.

For those selling *spoon*, I realize many use generic non-titles on purpose, as they want want to fool as many people as possible, but that's another reason to update the Guidelines.

One other thing I would like to propose is a guideline that the seller should give some indication of what he/she is selling in the thread title.

The majority of people already do this, but these seem to be some gene-deficients who continually list with "High-Grade Books for Sale!" and "Lots of New Slabs" useless titles, and when you click on them you find a ton of off-the-shelf Moderns or esoteric nudies.

If you're selling Moderns, then use Moderns in the title, the same with Gold, Silver and Bronze. Selling a lot of Indies or Adult books? Put it in the title. Creating an all-encompassing sales thread with multiple eras? Then post "GA/SA/MA" (or similar) in the title.

If you're selling quality books or slabs, then outlining what is for sale is just good business. Life is too short to look at every single book posted here and I use thread titles to whittle it down.

For those selling *spoon*, I realize many use generic non-titles on purpose, as they want want to fool as many people as possible, but that's another reason to update the Guidelines.

You talking about me? :sumo:

Life is too short to look at every single book posted here and I use thread titles to whittle it down.

Hey Vince - tell us what you really think . . . lol

What do you think about thread titles like, "FREE BOOKS!" hm

-d

Life is too short to look at every single book posted here and I use thread titles to whittle it down.

-d

first off, let me say this...

I have been selling on these boards for years now and have a great group of people that buy from me and several new ones each month. I try to be witty or vague on purpose to seperate myself from the masses.

Divad obviously has a problem with it as he can't stop letting me know and for some reason can't seem to read the 1st post in my sales thread. I was joking around with him thinking he was also joking, but this post shows me it really bothers him. Don't hate David (tsk)

Sorry, I am a fairly nice guy, but attempting to hide behind it being a joke isn't flying anymore.

And since I am on a roll, let's be serious...

JC complaining about sales thread titles? Give me a break...

-d

first off, let me say this...

I have been selling on these boards for years now and have a great group of people that buy from me and several new ones each month. I try to be witty or vague on purpose to seperate myself from the masses.

Divad obviously has a problem with it as he can't stop letting me know and for some reason can't seem to read the 1st post in my sales thread. I was joking around with him thinking he was also joking, but this post shows me it really bothers him. Don't hate David (tsk)

Sorry, I am a fairly nice guy, but attempting to hide behind it being a joke isn't flying anymore.

And since I am on a roll, let's be serious...

JC complaining about sales thread titles? Give me a break...

I'd say you're a fairly defensive guy, who reads a lot more into what wasn't said. :grin: What you do doesn't bother me at all, but I think you realize in retrospect that it was a stoopid title for a sales thread.

I WAS joking, and don't (tsk) me :grin:

I dislike the practice of putting qualifiers like "good stuff" and "no junk" in the sale thread titles, then proceeding to post nothing but junk and bad stuff in the thread. :mad:

I dislike the practice of putting qualifiers like "good stuff" and "no junk" in the sale thread titles, then proceeding to post nothing but junk and bad stuff in the thread. :mad:

How about people like cd4ever who advertise "no good stuff" and "junk" and then deliver the goods as promised?

How about people like cd4ever who advertise "no good stuff" and "junk" and then deliver the goods as promised?

It's definitely a two-way street . . . :grin:

No way - it's one way with cd4ever :thumbsup:

plus, I've never known him to post moderns or SS books...., hm

Yes, agreed (thumbs u I meant overall. :)

I think there should be a rule about crapping on people's threads and then complaining about it here. If he wants to title his selling thread free books and you don't like it, then don't click the thread. Grow up. He broke no rules

Or Golden Age/Silver Age that smells and will crumble in your hands one day :roflmao:

I think there should be a rule about crapping on people's threads and then complaining about it here. If he wants to title his selling thread free books and you don't like it, then don't click the thread. Grow up. He broke no rules

I think there should be a rule banning cranky pirates . . . :baiting:

btw, there are no "rules", only guidelines :grin: And what you may consider "crapping" others may consider thoughtful posting :hi:

there is no thoughtful posting when you post something negative/questionable in a selling thread and then hide behind graemlins to try and absolve any inconsideration.