• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I dislike the practice of putting qualifiers like "good stuff" and "no junk" in the sale thread titles, then proceeding to post nothing but junk and bad stuff in the thread. :mad:

How about people like cd4ever who advertise "no good stuff" and "junk" and then deliver the goods as promised?

It's definitely a two-way street . . . :grin:

No way - it's one way with cd4ever :thumbsup:

plus, I've never known him to post moderns or SS books...., hm

Or Golden Age/Silver Age that smells and will crumble in your hands one day :roflmao:

:signfunny:

Viva la modern revolucion!

One other thing I would like to propose is a guideline that the seller should give some indication of what he/she is selling in the thread title.

The majority of people already do this, but these seem to be some gene-deficients who continually list with "High-Grade Books for Sale!" and "Lots of New Slabs" useless titles, and when you click on them you find a ton of off-the-shelf Moderns or esoteric nudies.

If you're selling Moderns, then use Moderns in the title, the same with Gold, Silver and Bronze. Selling a lot of Indies or Adult books? Put it in the title. Creating an all-encompassing sales thread with multiple eras? Then post "GA/SA/MA" (or similar) in the title.

If you're selling quality books or slabs, then outlining what is for sale is just good business. Life is too short to look at every single book posted here and I use thread titles to whittle it down.

For those selling *spoon*, I realize many use generic non-titles on purpose, as they want want to fool as many people as possible, but that's another reason to update the Guidelines.

This was in the guidelines not too long ago, I remember it specifically and always did my best to comply. Just checked the guidelines and that one is no longer there. I guess Arch felt it's no longer necessary or something, cause it's been pulled.

Andy

Hey guys, this area is EXACTLY where Arch and the mods want us to hash things out!

You're acting like I'm doing something wrong, when in reality, I'm the one following the Mod's edict. :applause::banana:^^

I'm not saying anything about you. I was referring to Divad crapping on jon's thread and then complaining about it here.

This was in the guidelines not too long ago, I remember it specifically and always did my best to comply. Just checked the guidelines and that one is no longer there. I guess Arch felt it's no longer necessary or something, cause it's been pulled.

That's really interesting, as I never noticed these "nonsense titles" being a problem before - coincidence? hm

That's really interesting, as I never noticed these "nonsense titles" being a problem before - coincidence? hm

probably a conspiracy like the VCC elite... meh

probably a conspiracy like the VCC elite... meh

If you wish to remain a member, you should edit your post :gossip:

Short of false advertising.... who really cares? I put a generic title on my thread because I had no idea what I'd be listing. :insane:

I find those that fail to update & edit what books are already Sold in their thread to be much more irritating. How hard is it to go back & mark books as sold? (The exception being posts that can longer be edited.)

Short of false advertising.... who really cares? I put a generic title on my thread because I had no idea what I'd be listing. :insane:

I find those that fail to update & edit what books are already Sold in their thread to be much more irritating. How hard is it to go back & mark books as sold? (The exception being posts that can longer be edited.)

Completely agree. :golfclap:

Your case is different, as everyone knows you list *spoon*. :insane:

I'm more referring to the "newbie influx" we're having - I remember a week or so back, I hit the Marketplace and had absolutely no idea what anyone on the first page was selling.

Yeah, the place has gotten real busy lately. If you go a day or two without looking at the marketplace, you'll find several pages of new posts when you return...tough to read them all but between the title/subject and the seller, I can typically focus on the posts that are likely of interest to me.

Sure would like to see a separate forum for modern SS and sketch cover books (moderns in general really) as those seem to be at least half of the postings these days.

Yeah, the place has gotten real busy lately. If you go a day or two without looking at the marketplace, you'll find several pages of new posts when you return...tough to read them all but between the title/subject and the seller, I can typically focus on the posts that are likely of interest to me.

Sure would like to see a separate forum for modern SS and sketch cover books (moderns in general really) as those seem to be at least half of the postings these days.

Yep, I agree - it's time for a Post-1990 Forum. :)

maybe even a silver age sales forum, a golden age sales forum, copper age sales forum, as we of course don't want to be discriminatory towards any 1 collecting focus... :tonofbricks:

I think you can read between the lines and see that just because some people don't have a particular interest in SS or moderns that they can be shoved aside. There are plenty of sales that happen because of these threads, take a look and see! I personally think it is all interesting and 1 forum is plenty.

Plenty of sales thread have unique offerings with plenty of copper, modern, silver etc.

It seems we should change the GUIDLINES discussion to PETTY DIFFERENCES discussion. Thinking what is good for the community should not only rest upon what each individual likes or dislikes, but what is best overall for everyone. I know it is hard, but really, if it ain't broke... (thumbs u

Ebay used to just have one category for "Comic Books", and I could search every new listing in maybe an hour per day, tops (I registered on ebay in January of 1997, and my 1st feedback was left on February 19th from...vtcomics, yes, the same vtcomics that currently has stuff listed in the marketplace :o ).

These forums used to have one marketplace, now we have 5 (this one, ebay/dealers, WTB, Virtual Con, and OA marketplace).

My suggestion has nothing to do with moderns, but has everything to do with making the sub-forums managable as the forum membership grows...so yeah, I'd like to see separate GA, SA, and BA forums too. (thumbs u

Ebay used to just have one category for "Comic Books", and I could search every new listing in maybe an hour per day, tops (I registered on ebay in January of 1997, and my 1st feedback was left on February 19th from...vtcomics, yes, the same vtcomics that currently has stuff listed in the marketplace :o ).

These forums used to have one marketplace, now we have 5 (this one, ebay/dealers, WTB, Virtual Con, and OA marketplace).

My suggestion has nothing to do with moderns, but has everything to do with making the sub-forums managable as the forum membership grows...so yeah, I'd like to see separate GA, SA, and BA forums too. (thumbs u

If I just look at auctions on Ebay and eliminate BINS I can almost seach every listing in an hour. I hate BINS on Ebay, especially the overpriced waste of time BINS.