• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age X-Men thread

2,282 posts in this topic

I do so love going to my local post office and picking up 11 boxes worth of comics!!

The high point being Uncanny X-Men #197 CGC 9.9!!!

Plus some great raw early 200'sx-men i am very tempted to get slabbed (worth the cost methinks) plus a few 9.8's mid 100's.

I'm like a kid in a candy store yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Actually the real high point... GS X-Men #1 cloud9.gif

Congratulations! A grail book is always cool. I got my X-Men 94 from the same guy that you got your GSX 1 and I love it. I'm sure you will too.

I'm an unashamed x-men fan, i've stuck with the book through good and bad artists and writers..so this was an automatic thumbsup2.gif

I do so love going to my local post office and picking up 11 boxes worth of comics!!

The high point being Uncanny X-Men #197 CGC 9.9!!!

Plus some great raw early 200'sx-men i am very tempted to get slabbed (worth the cost methinks) plus a few 9.8's mid 100's.

I'm like a kid in a candy store yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Actually the real high point... GS X-Men #1 cloud9.gif

As any true x-men fan would. thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations! A grail book is always cool. I got my X-Men 94 from the same guy that you got your GSX 1 and I love it. I'm sure you will too.

I'm an unashamed x-men fan, i've stuck with the book through good and bad artists and writers..so this was an automatic

As any true x-men fan would. thumbsup2.gif

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses.

I haven't picked up high-grade X-Men in well over a year, but this thread has re-sparked my interest.

It did the same for me. I'll bet Casey and Danny will be going "Oh, **spoon**! What were we thinking?" if this thread ends up creating a lot more competition for these books devil.gif

I've been thinking of starting a set too. I already have a couple in 9.8. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't picked up high-grade X-Men in well over a year, but this thread has re-sparked my interest.

It did the same for me. I'll bet Casey and Danny will be going "Oh, **spoon**! What were we thinking?" if this thread ends up creating a lot more competition for these books devil.gif

I've been thinking of starting a set too. I already have a couple in 9.8. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

ba_1_b.jpg

Once i get a new scanner up and running, i'll post up the 9.9 of this issue i got from doug just to see how close in comparison they are.

I would love to see the 9.9 copy. I almost bought it sight unseen to go with my other ten ( acclaim.gif) pre-201 mint X-Men books but now I know who beat me to it!

ba_1_b.jpg

Once i get a new scanner up and running, i'll post up the 9.9 of this issue i got from doug just to see how close in comparison they are.

I would love to see the 9.9 copy. I almost bought it sight unseen to go with my other ten ( acclaim.gif) pre-201 mint X-Men books but now I know who beat me to it!

I must be the only one who didnt see it crazy.gif

ba_1_b.jpg

Doug had a 9.9 confused.gif , I didnt know that

Opps sorry, I meant a different Doug...as in my LCS owner. I finally convinced him to part with it!!

Though i did get the #197 9.9 from the more common Doug

At this rate, there are going to be about 5-6 collections of 9.8's going around...sheesh!!! foreheadslap.gif

At this rate, there are going to be about 5-6 collections of 9.8's going around...sheesh!!! foreheadslap.gif

Stop outbidding me 893censored-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

Revenge is sweet devil.gif

But seriously, i usually wait until after you've made your hit on one, because not long after another 9.8 always seems to surface and slightly cheaper to get too 893applaud-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

sorry.gif

I will say this to you though, if i see either yourself or KC have amde a bid on an issue, i tend to bypass that...out of mutual respect for fellow collectors thumbsup2.gif

sorry.gif

I will say this to you though, if i see either yourself or KC have amde a bid on an issue, i tend to bypass that...out of mutual respect for fellow collectors thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif893blahblah.gif

sorry.gif

yeahok.gif893blahblah.gif

I did say "tend to" 27_laughing.gif