• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age X-Men thread

2,282 posts in this topic

Danny and Casey...I must thank you both for getting my interest back into looking at upgrading and finalising my x-men run. I've been a bit tardy with the back issues for the past year and half, only collecting the current released issues as they came out.

so 2 thumbsup2.gif for the both of you 893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Most of the CA X books are "cheap" in 9.6

Sure, but I didn't realize that meant "under slabbing fees" cheap.

In some cases,yes but not often as I have found. Most CA (non-key) books of this grade I have gotten for between $20-$30. That is cheap but more than the $15 slabbing fee (not including the discount). A lot of sellers I see either start their auctions at like $24.99 or some such price or those that start at .99 with no reserve often end up at between $20-30. That has been my experience.

Except when you snipe one from out under me you..you...sniper you poke2.gif

devil.gif

Danny and Casey...I must thank you both for getting my interest back into looking at upgrading and finalising my x-men run. I've been a bit tardy with the back issues for the past year and half, only collecting the current released issues as they came out.

so 2 thumbsup2.gif for the both of you 893applaud-thumb.gif

acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok you 2, since it is YOUR fault for MAKING me jump back into the back issue pool (that's my defense and i am sticking to it)...your advice on the following would be appreciated.

I am finally going to remove one of my grails... GS X-men 1. Check out list below and let me know what your opinion is. The grades i choose below are based upon matching my x-men #94 cgc 8.5.

From Pedigree CGC 8.5 $1000

From High Grade Collectibles VF $500 (i'll ask to get this one cgc'd before being sent)

Metropolis CGC 8.5 $644 or CGC 9.0 for $1200 (though the CGC 9.2 for $1400 is tempting me..big time).

As a extra point if i go with High Grade, i'll also be getting #79,73,70 from my list as well, plus I'm also looking at if going with High Grade but what to know if either one of you have dealt with them and how well is their grading.

Overall the price is a major factor, but one i am willing to pay (just that this will break my record for money spent on one comic). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated on these or better ones.

Ok you 2, since it is YOUR fault for MAKING me jump back into the back issue pool (that's my defense and i am sticking to it)...your advice on the following would be appreciated.

I am finally going to remove one of my grails... GS X-men 1. Check out list below and let me know what your opinion is. The grades i choose below are based upon matching my x-men #94 cgc 8.5.

From High Grade Collectibles VF $500 (i'll ask to get this one cgc'd before being sent)

Metropolis CGC 8.5 $644 or CGC 9.0 for $1200 (though the CGC 9.2 for $1400 is tempting me..big time).

As a extra point if i go with High Grade, i'll also be getting #79,73,70 from my list as well, plus I'm also looking at if going with High Grade but what to know if either one of you have dealt with them and how well is their grading.

Overall the price is a major factor, but one i am willing to pay (just that this will break my record for money spent on one comic). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated on these or better ones.

Bob Storms is, from what i've heard, a very good grader. However, if you ask him to CGC it prior to buying it and it comes back 8.0 he might charge you more since slabbed books get more money. Btw, he has a CGC 9.2 for $1250 and he will negotiate on price. It depends on how much you want it and how patient you are willing to be. So it may take a while and a lot of hunting to find a good deal but it can be done. But, if a deal is not your priority, then I'd make an offer to Bob on his 9.2, say $900-$1000 confused-smiley-013.gif, and see what he says. You could also buy raw for cheaper but run the risk of not getting the same grade when it is certified.

Bob Storms is, from what i've heard, a very good grader. However, if you ask him to CGC it prior to buying it and it comes back 8.0 he might charge you more since slabbed books get more money. Btw, he has a CGC 9.2 for $1250 and he will negotiate on price. It depends on how much you want it and how patient you are willing to be. So it may take a while and a lot of hunting to find a good deal but it can be done. But, if a deal is not your priority, then I'd make an offer to Bob on his 9.2, say $900-$1000 confused-smiley-013.gif, and see what he says. You could also buy raw for cheaper but run the risk of not getting the same grade when it is certified.

Yep thumbsup2.gif