• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Real-time Comic Convention Marketplace...

124 posts in this topic

Personally, I wouldn't expect a scan for $1 comic. Especially if some of the other suggestions like only allowing established board members to be sellers were put into effect. It was just a thought. Maybe just have a thread called "the dollar bin", no scans, just a list of titles and the grades.

That would definitely be more feasible. From your initial post, I thought you were saying you wanted to see scans of 50 cent and dollar books. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe make it 1 day only for listing new items in your booth? So every Wednesday it is a brand new set of booths. Maybe the older version of booths are locked (but still visable for seller/buyers of items)?

Items can only be listed that day and that day only, set a time frame based on a time zone?

And I agree with OA!

Personally, I like this idea of the Comic Convention board being reset after the convention and expired/locked so that there are brand new booths for the next virtual convention. (Not immediately.. but not left up forever either.) thumbsup2.gif

Books that don't sell can always be moved over to the regular marketplace.

(Just got back from Cal's Big Game win over Stanford for the 5th straight time! )

Immediate Payment

thumbsup2.gif

And though i like the idea of having a different section (GA, SA, etc) of books for each night, there's sure to be minor quibbles from each person about this. But, if everyone's willing to suck it up and just deal with whatever everyone decides on (and is able to skip out of family dinner for a few minutes here and there) then it sounds doable to me.

So, has the time and day been set yet?

Preliminary planning still going on....keep the ideas going guys and gals, I'm sure this won't be perfect the first time around, but if we can try to iron out some possible flaws early, then great! thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't want to accept Paypal only, but that can be a seller's option in his/her post. Perhaps that (payment preference, shipping costs, etc.) should be one of the things that they mention before any books are put up. confused-smiley-013.gif

Is it bad that my mouth is watering already? insane.gif

Oh, and original art for sale is a must as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy shy.gif

Next week is going to be rough for me. Maybe I could consign my books to you for this convention in exchange for your usual consignment fee? insane.gif

FFB, This got me thinking as well...

If you only have one or two books to sell, I'm thinking we should have threads dedicated to just GA, SA, BA, Modern (4 threads) that EVERYONE CAN POST IN. That includes people who also have enough books for their own threads but want to list a couple of their books in this "GENERAL by AGE" thread. This is called a SHARED Marketplace Thread.

We'd limit the amount of books you can post in the "GA General Convention" thread (to something like 3 books max.. one book in each post.)... and you could still have your own "booth/thread" in the Convention board (which has no limit to the amount of books you can show.)

So in summary:

ONE Specific Comic thread per AGE that all sellers can post in to a max of three books. (GA, SA, BA, Modern) These get STICKIED/PINNED to the top of the Convention board.

Edited: Suggested Pinned Shared Convention Marketplace Threads

Golden Age

Silver Age

Bronze Age

Modern (includes Copper?)

Original Art

Undergrounds

Sellers can still have their own thread for the rest of their books. No double postings. You either post the book in the Marketplace General GA/SA/BA/Modern thread or you post it in your own marketplace thread.

This would cover those people who only have 1-3 books to sell and it would consolidate a lot of the little threads for the buyers.

Next week is going to be rough for me. Maybe I could consign my books to you for this convention in exchange for your usual consignment fee? insane.gif

FFB, This got me thinking as well...

If you only have one or two books to sell, I'm thinking we should have threads dedicated to just GA, SA, BA, Modern (4 threads) that EVERYONE CAN POST IN. That includes people who also have enough books for their own threads but want to list a couple of their books in this "GENERAL by AGE" thread. This is called a SHARED Marketplace Thread.

We'd limit the amount of books you can post in the "GA General Convention" thread (to something like 3 books max.. one book in each post.)... and you could still have your own "booth/thread" in the Convention board (which has no limit to the amount of books you can show.)

So in summary:

ONE Specific Comic thread per AGE that all sellers can post in to a max of three books. (GA, SA, BA, Modern) These get STICKIED/PINNED to the top of the Convention board.

Sellers can still have their own thread for the rest of their books. No double postings. You either post the book in the Marketplace General GA/SA/BA/Modern thread or you post it in your own marketplace thread.

This would cover those people who only have 1-3 books to sell and it would consolidate a lot of the little threads for the buyers.

I'm in Shin, and if its possible, I'd like to see an underground section

Personally, I wouldn't expect a scan for $1 comic. Especially if some of the other suggestions like only allowing established board members to be sellers were put into effect. It was just a thought. Maybe just have a thread called "the dollar bin", no scans, just a list of titles and the grades.

That would definitely be more feasible. From your initial post, I thought you were saying you wanted to see scans of 50 cent and dollar books. 27_laughing.gif

Every book I post will be scanned... even the dollar books! blush.gif

If you all want this to happen, we need some point people (3?), they would gather info from the members here how they want this done, discuss the details, form rules, and get them to me so I can look it over and get this started. Any takers? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you all want this to happen, we need some point people (3?), they would gather info from the members here how they want this done, discuss the details, form rules, and get them to me so I can look it over and get this started. Any takers? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Steve,

I'd be happy to be one of the people who help facilitate this. thumbsup2.gif

Hi Steve,

I'd be happy to be one of the people who help facilitate this. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for stepping up Jim,

I'd like to see this project come to fruition (and become a regular fixture).

I'll volunteer too to help get this thing going.