• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- New release, already super-valuable!

27 posts in this topic

In what its creators intend to be the completion of a two-part limited series, Smokinghawk announces the birth of his second son, Cedar Ojibway Atkinson (Good Indian name, huh? Our family is Ojibway).

He arrived with some slight bindery wrinkling and blunted corners, but appears to have perfect interior condition. He is apparently a DF Variant, with collectible "color-changing cover" that fades from purple to bright pink with exposure to light.

At this point, the cover art appears to be somewhat "Sienkiewicz-like," but we're expecting that proper conservation will reveal the more realistic style.

According to his mother, the interior at the moment is cream to off-white.

No, I will NOT be getting him graded and slabbed.

With initials that spell Certificate of Authenticity, how could he not be destined for collecting greatness? smile.gif

Just remember that trimming and cleaning are necessary forms of preservation, and that an occasional piece of Wonder Bread never hurts.

Congrats on the new addition... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Big Congrats....be sure to line the nursery with plenty of comic books grin.gif

Actually, I'm way ahead of you. Check out these pictures of the nursery...

The paintings are my work. The borders are made of individually hand-painted (watercolor) art taken from the books. Over 400 individual comics!

210351-Nursery1.jpg.50911c41590ad2cb485f48716bea0dd4.jpg