• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

AND my Purple Z28 Camero

Do you wear wife-beaters too? poke2.gif

BTW, it's "Camaro". gossip.gif

What is it with Lawyers and grammer checking lately poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

No wife-beaters for me, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but maybe that would complete the tri-fecta and solidify my coolness. cool.gif

AND my Purple Z28 Camero

No wife-beaters for me, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but maybe that would complete the tri-fecta and solidify my coolness. cool.gif

Still time to run out to Wally World and get a three pack! poke2.gif

AND my Purple Z28 Camero

Still time to run out to Wally World and get a three pack! poke2.gif

Hey, wife-beaters are cool, if you smell what the Rock is cookin!

rock9.jpg

The members of the CGC Liason committee are starting this thread so that all members will have an opportunity to post questions or topics that they would like to raise in our weekly call with Steve Borock.

Can one of our esteemed Liason Comittee members ask Steve if it would be possible for submitters to have access their invoices on-line when they submit through a 3rd-party? thumbsup2.gif

CS members have access to their "personal" invoices submitted through their CS accounts, but other than the 3 free Xpress submittals you get when you sign up/renew, I imagine most submitters take advantage of the discount they get when submitting through 3rd parties, like qualitycomix.com. Unfortunately, when you do that, you can't look up your invoices on-line so you have to call CGC for status information, grades, etc.,. Having access to this information on-line would certainly reduce the number of calls CGC receives with such inquiries...which I imagine takes up a good bit of time for the admin/support staff.

The members of the CGC Liason committee are starting this thread so that all members will have an opportunity to post questions or topics that they would like to raise in our weekly call with Steve Borock.

Can one of our esteemed Liason Comittee members ask Steve if it would be possible for submitters to have access their invoices on-line when they submit through a 3rd-party? thumbsup2.gif

CS members have access to their "personal" invoices submitted through their CS accounts, but other than the 3 free Xpress submittals you get when you sign up/renew, I imagine most submitters take advantage of the discount they get when submitting through 3rd parties, like qualitycomix.com. Unfortunately, when you do that, you can't look up your invoices on-line so you have to call CGC for status information, grades, etc.,. Having access to this information on-line would certainly reduce the number of calls CGC receives with such inquiries...which I imagine takes up a good bit of time for the admin/support staff.

I already know the answer to this because I asked it a while ago. The answer is no.

There is a plan in the works for CS members though, because they're kind of getting the shaft right now with their discount vs. the discount that they get from submitting through a third party.

There is a plan in the works for CS members though, because they're kind of getting the shaft right now with their discount vs. the discount that they get from submitting through a third party.

CS members get a discount, that's news to me? It sucks though and it doesn't make any sense to submit anything other than the 3 freebies using my CS account when I can save 20% submitting through a 3rd party. Unfortunately, when I do go through a 3rd party that forces me to have to call (bug) CGC to find out where my order's at. screwy.gif

CS members get a discount, that's news to me? It sucks though and it doesn't make any sense to submit anything other than the 3 freebies using my CS account when I can save 20% submitting through a 3rd party. Unfortunately, when I do go through a 3rd party that forces me to have to call (bug) CGC to find out where my order's at. screwy.gif

CS members get a 10% discount. They always have. I believe it's stated right there in your paperwork when you get your signup packet.

I have a serious question...did the Forum strike criteria and associated suspension change?

Isn't it still at strike #1 you are suspended for a week?

Jim

This is a good question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a serious question...did the Forum strike criteria and associated suspension change?

Jim

which means we'll never get an answer to it.

Jim

which means we'll never get an answer to it.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i have a question about 9.8 to 10.0 grading

i'm wondering how cgc differentiates between what makes a book 9.8 to a 10.0. I assume that books that grade the near mint 9.8 all exhibit some sort of standard manufacturing "flaw" of some sort, whereas the 9.9 and the 10.0 grades do not have that?

i'm just wondering how the people at cgc figure a book is 9.8 and not 9.9 or 10.0

one other question. say i purchase a 9.9 or 10.0 book and crack it open (say of Signature Series). would the mere handling of the book to put it into the bag and board downgrade the book from the "mint"/"gem mint" to "near mint"?

i'm wondering how cgc differentiates between what makes a book 9.8 to a 10.0. I assume that books that grade the near mint 9.8 all exhibit some sort of standard manufacturing "flaw" of some sort, whereas the 9.9 and the 10.0 grades do not have that?

i'm just wondering how the people at cgc figure a book is 9.8 and not 9.9 or 10.0

one other question. say i purchase a 9.9 or 10.0 book and crack it open (say of Signature Series). would the mere handling of the book to put it into the bag and board downgrade the book from the "mint"/"gem mint" to "near mint"?

Do you want to know whats in the Colonel's secret recipe too? How about the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola? Or maybe who shot Kennedy? Or where Jimmy hoffa is buried?

screwy.gif

Do you want to know whats in the Colonel's secret recipe too? How about the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola? Or maybe who shot Kennedy? Or where Jimmy hoffa is buried?

screwy.gif

actually, i'm just more curious about the whole 9.8 to 9.9/10.0 thing for now smile.gif

popcorn.gif

screwy.gif

actually, i'm just more curious about the whole 9.8 to 9.9/10.0 thing for now smile.gif

popcorn.gif

oh, okay. thumbsup2.gif

screwy.gif

it's a little known fact that both Kennedy and Hoffa were killed because they discovered that the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola is also in the Colonel's secret recipe.

i should be having a horrible accident any second now...but you heard it here!

Jim

Only if you're me and you make a quite inoffensive, but slightly amusing, joke.

Then you get slammed for a week.

If, however, you create a shill, use it in a flame war to make an accusation and worsen the situation, then blame the family goldfish...you're cool to stay around. thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Only if you're me and you make a quite inoffensive, but slightly amusing, joke.

Then you get slammed for a week.

If, however, you create a shill, use it in a flame war to make an accusation and worsen the situation, then blame the family goldfish...you're cool to stay around. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif So true thumbsup2.gif

By the way FT, loooove the sig cloud9.gif