• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coming Pretty Soon : New Grading Contest!!!

270 posts in this topic

I am in as well. I like the fact that the scans will be of raw books, no funny plastic to get in the way.

Now what happens if the book was damaged after it was sent to CGC and grades lower then the book we graded...j/k shy.gif

I will also donate some loot to the Prize Pile.

Plus I think we should all PM Nik at least 25 times a day asking pointless questions that were already answered. He is used to that, and will feel weird if we dont.

Ze-

Plus I think we should all PM Nik at least 25 times a day asking pointless questions that were already answered. He is used to that, and will feel weird if we dont.

Curious that this wasn't announced until after a certain someone left for the holidays. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Curious that this wasn't announced until after a certain someone left for the holidays. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I would make a comment about this, but Arch would probably delete as he so frequently does. 893censored-thumb.gif

I am in!

You might want to change the second guideline to "one grading step off" before people spaz about a possible .5 difference. It would be nice to see the grading contest NOT get ruined by petty rule squabbles this time. crazy.gif

Also, does anyone want to donate prizes? I have a thing or two I can throw in if others are interested. Maybe people (other than Nik flowerred.gif) can contribute 2nd and 3rd prizes or something.

I am in too, and I agree with Andy. The scoring should be clarified so that it is:

4 points for correct guess

2 points for one grade level off +/- (guess 9.2 and the book is 9.4, or guess 8.5 and book is 8.0)

1 point for two grade levels off +/- (guess 9.8 and book is 9.4, or guess 1.5 and book is 2.0).

*Once, Twice, Three times a lady.*

Let's hope the complaining doesn't interfere with the contest. Although once JC finds out, it may be irrelevant.

I am in!

You might want to change the second guideline to "one grading step off" before people spaz about a possible .5 difference. It would be nice to see the grading contest NOT get ruined by petty rule squabbles this time. crazy.gif

Also, does anyone want to donate prizes? I have a thing or two I can throw in if others are interested. Maybe people (other than Nik flowerred.gif) can contribute 2nd and 3rd prizes or something.

I am in too, and I agree with Andy. The scoring should be clarified so that it is:

4 points for correct guess

2 points for one grade level off +/- (guess 9.2 and the book is 9.4, or guess 8.5 and book is 8.0)

1 point for two grade levels off +/- (guess 9.8 and book is 9.4, or guess 1.5 and book is 2.0).

*Once, Twice, Three times a lady.*

Let's hope the complaining doesn't interfere with the contest. Although once JC finds out, it may be irrelevant.

I guess we'll see.

No conspiracy. I thought it had been awhile since we'd had a grading contest, so I PMed Nik to see if he wanted to run one with me helping out. He decided to do it himself so that I could play.

Thanks Nik. hail.gif One of the few guys on the board who is ALWAYS positive....well, except for that one time with CS. tongue.gif