• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,811 posts in this topic

When we finish our trade, the FCs I send you will feel right at home with this one.

How far from 1000 is the current total?

Jack

I got a bunch more scanned and uploaded over the long weekend. I now have maybe 50 more ready to post here and add to the list. I hope that we can get over 1000 posted here by the end of 2007

fc627.jpg

I think this is a great project. Is anyone keeping track of the covers scanned and the issues remaining? I might have a couple to contribute but I think I saw them in the thread already.

If you check further back in the thread, there are spreadsheets showing the issues scanned. These are kept up to date, although you may need to refresh your browser to get the current one since their jpg files.

Monty

yes Montezuma is tracking them on a spreadsheet that he publishes every so often. I think the last time he published it was about a month ago. I use that as my guide of which ones I show.

here are another 5 for the list all of them from my original stash

fc653.jpg

fc692.jpg

fc712c2.jpg

fc716.jpg

fc727.jpg

yes Montezuma is tracking them on a spreadsheet that he publishes every so often. I think the last time he published it was about a month ago. I use that as my guide of which ones I show.

If you're using the default page setup, this is page 63 and the last update is on p 59.

here are another 5 for the list all of them from my original stash

fc716.jpg

fc727.jpg

Ah, the nonfiction issues that nobody loves. I have lots of those!

Jack

Thanks for the list Montezuma, there was no way l was ever going to find the time to read through all those pages, takes forever to load a page with my connection :(

Since l was the smart one who said easy as pie we would have them by Christmas (2007 not last year), here is my first contribution. Unfortunately all mine have already been posted, and the digital collection is usually not taken from collector standard examples, sorry about that. At least if no one has them you will have a low quality cover. They are thumbnails, you will get a full size picture clicking on them.

th_4C0185.jpg

th_4c0179.jpg

th_4c0172.jpg

th_4C0168.jpg

th_4c0151.jpg

th_4c0150.jpg

th_4c0146.jpg

th_4C0144.jpg

th_4c0141.jpg

th_4c0138.jpg

th_4c0116.jpg

th_4c0078.jpg

th_40086.jpg

Edited by aussie500

Thanks for tracking this Monty.

I think we are actually doing quite well. We already have all but 4 of the first 200.

I just scanned another 50 books last night, but I still need to edit them and upload them.

in the meantime here are another 4 you can fill in on your list.

I also posted the 769 Gunsmoke. We already have it, but this copy looked so pretty that I wanted to show it off

fc729.jpg

fc749.jpg

FC769.jpg

fc773.jpg

fc774.jpg

I have finished scanning/editing/uploading box 4 out of 4 of my Four Color Collection. This should leave me with quite a few books to post as the end of the run is by far the weakest represented here.

I was wondering if the 15 cent price tag on these mid range books was due to them being Canadian editions? It seemed to me that the Standard price did not increase to .15 until issue 1179

fc805.jpg

fc819.jpg

fc836.jpg

fc841.jpg

fc842.jpg

I have finished scanning/editing/uploading box 4 out of 4 of my Four Color Collection. This should leave me with quite a few books to post as the end of the run is by far the weakest represented here.

I was wondering if the 15 cent price tag on these mid range books was due to them being Canadian editions? It seemed to me that the Standard price did not increase to .15 until issue 1179

fc842.jpg

Thanks for more cover scans!

Wasn't the 15¢ cover price a Dell experiment that failed in 1961, just before Gold Key took over the line? Take a look at the Mickey Mouse gallery at GCD, for example. The cover price jumps to 15¢ on #76.

I hate the text box on #842! Fish are not animals? I guess the writer meant "mammal".

Jack

these 15 cent covers were well befor the switch in 1961. For example the nice previous owner or store clearly marked the issue 842 as being from 57.

I am trying to keep this thread on page one, but this board moves quickly. the Silver board could take a week until a topic falls off page one.

fc844.jpg

fc850.jpg

fc854.jpg

fc858.jpg

fc859.jpg

Interesting "authorized edition" notation, probably because Atlas was publishing a Wyatt Earp comic during the same period based on the historical character in the public domain.

To modern eyes, his posture in the photo looks sort of like he's friendly with Marvel's recently revamped Rawhide Kid.

Jack

looks like this thread was almost going to fall off page 2. here is another installment to keep it moving along. I hope to pull out another box and do some more scanning over the weekend

fc890.jpg

I remember seeing Authorized Edition on many of the Movie Tie-ins.

Here are another group to check off the list. As I was uploading I realized that i had accidentally been allowing Flock to shrink the book to 800 pixels instead of the 1024. I went back and replaced the smaller scans with the size i had intended.

fc897.jpg

fc902.jpg

fc903.jpg

fc910.jpg

fc926.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time fixing my HP software to work with IE 7 but now i am finally able to scan as cropped jpegs instead of uncropped tif's which is saving me time in the editing. I hope to have another box scanned within a week or so, but not until after the NEBRASKA vs UCS game

I realize that the are not what they once were but After rooting for a team for 40+ years I have no intention of changing now. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!