• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

It's nice Jack, but these early Four Colors (don't know about all) were not printed on Glossy paper stock, so of course they look better in person than on the scan, but not like WDC&S or LT&MM (from the same time period that were printed on glossy) for example. I don't know why both were "Dell" comics. Joe

I have a few of those books with lower-gloss, slightly heavier (if I remember right) cover stock. Actually, I like them as much as the glossy covers. I wonder what's the story on them. Dell experimenting with different processes or materials? Paper shortages?

Jack

Your copies are so fabulous, I hate to let them pass without comment!

fc535cgc90.jpg

I saw a wretched copy of this with some crazy price tag (probably the NM price from the latest Overstreet) at a local auction recently. Unfortunately, even if the whole stack it seemed to be part of closed at $10-20, it wouldn't have been worth waiting around for.

fc1stseries18cgc90.jpg

First series! WOO!

fc1282cgc94.jpg

Another movie I found creepy and disturbing when I was young -- I'm not sure why.

fc1210cgc92.jpg

Yessir, every adolescent American boy must have had a crush on Hayley Mills at one time. In pajamas!

fc813cgc85.jpg

Hey, hey, it's Mickey! I didn't realize that he got a mention on the CGC label. Seems like a tough issue to find.

Thanks for posting,

Jack

beautiful books Bullet. Were many of you books file copies? I seem to remember there was a Random House archives that were auctioned off several years ago hat had quite a bit of Dell books.

anyway here is another group to add to the list

fc622.jpg

fc641.jpg

fc642.jpg

fc645.jpg

fc649.jpg

here are more for the list. I think the Zwinky (663) has been posted, but this one was a very pretty file copy that I got from Verzyl in a trade from SDCC and I wanted to show it off. I thought that is was a bit funny that issue 666 was Santa

fc657.jpg

fc659.jpg

fc660.jpg

fc663.jpg

fc665.jpg

fc666.jpg

Thanks for sharing all these great books, bullet. I had never considered how much of the history of popular culture from the 40s and 50s is reflected in this title. Seeing all these high grade covers intermingled is a real treat. You've found a wonderful, fun, and different angle to collecting comics and I am really enjoying this thread.

Thanks for sharing all these great books, bullet. I had never considered how much of the history of popular culture from the 40s and 50s is reflected in this title. Seeing all these high grade covers intermingled is a real treat. You've found a wonderful, fun, and different angle to collecting comics and I am really enjoying this thread.

Thanks. I tried to pick something that had not been done before, (at least in high grade),that to me is just as much about comics as it is a statement of pop culture of the 40's,50's and 60's. I would love to put together a high grade run of a few other titles like WDC&S, but alas, I am about twenty years too late to put that run together because of collectors like you. :frustrated:

Nice to see you back posting Bullet - I was wondering where you had disappeared to! :applause:

No time to scan. 4 kids and soccer season ( 80 games between Labor Day and Thanksgiving ) New Years Resolution to scan all of my CGC books. It should take me most of next year to finish but I am going to give it a shot.

Nice to see you back posting Bullet - I was wondering where you had disappeared to! :applause:

No time to scan. 4 kids and soccer season ( 80 games between Labor Day and Thanksgiving ) New Years Resolution to scan all of my CGC books. It should take me most of next year to finish but I am going to give it a shot.

we will be looking forward to it!

Yessir, every adolescent American boy must have had a crush on Hayley Mills at one time. In pajamas!

Hayley? Not so much.

Annette Funicello? :luhv:

[..] I would love to put together a high grade run of a few other titles like WDC&S, but alas, I am about twenty years too late to put that run together because of collectors like you. :frustrated:

I share your frustration. As if the recent price increases had not made it difficult enough, the low dollar has forced me to rethink my collecting goals.

Edited by tb