• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,811 posts in this topic

nice books. So do/did you actually own those or are they just the scans of the covers from you scanning project?

I only have one book from your list of wants. If I get the chance i wll scan #33 for you, but it will take a while

here is the next set of books. I have quite a few more books to put up, but I switched over to scanning my Classics collection for the next few weeks.

fc930.jpg

fc944.jpg

fc954.jpg

fc957.jpg

fc959.jpg

this should kick it up to 705.

I am curious would these scans be big enough for anyone to decide on a grade? they are only about 100k and I see others who have scans that are almost 2000k. I cannot imagine that there is that much more detail to make it worth 20x the bandwidth

fc1020.jpg

fc1041.jpg

fc1047.jpg

fc1048.jpg

fc1050.jpg

nice books. So do/did you actually own those or are they just the scans of the covers from you scanning project?

I only have one book from your list of wants. If I get the chance i wll scan #33 for you, but it will take a while

All the ones posted are from the digital collection, all my little 4 Color collection are part of my TV/movie related collection and are all later ones that were already posted. l would never part with any of them. Sold of nearly all my super hero comics back in the early 90's but the TV/movie related ones l will keep, l even occasionally add new ones, although there really are no comic collectors around here, so pickings are slim. If l ever go back to work l will take advantage of the internet to increase my collection

Thanks for scanning 57 for us Montezuma :)

I have much more of a connection with the movie/tv tie in issues. They tend to be the later ones and were often shows that I grew up with.

I remember 77 Sunset Strip (snap) and "Kookie lend me your comb". When I moved out to LA in '77 I ended up living within a mile or so from the location for the front of the building. It was in West Hollywood and had an address of more like 8777 Sunset BLVD.

fc1114.jpg

fc1117.jpg

fc1118.jpg

fc1119.jpg

fc1079.jpg

'spect these four are already in here somewhere, but they's new to me, so you all get to see them. not in the best shape, but for less than fifteen bux each i s'pose they aiight..

FTP_50sm.jpg

FTP_69sm.jpg

FTP_114sm.jpg

FTP_121sm.jpg

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!

#69 is one of my top GA covers.

Less than $15 each for those?

Did this involve knocking over any little old ladies?

Great catch!

Jack

'spect these four are already in here somewhere, but they's new to me, so you all get to see them. not in the best shape, but for less than fifteen bux each i s'pose they aiight..

FTP_50sm.jpg

FTP_69sm.jpg

FTP_114sm.jpg

FTP_121sm.jpg

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!

Great catch!

Jack

nah, they're just pretty low grade is all. that price includes shipping and BP, btw. Heritage weekly auction :gossip:

Great Walt Kelly Sal

Didn't know you liked GA books and artists

Nice pick up :cool:

Four Colors before 100 are tough

thanks, Rick. i enjoy them a good deal, i just don't need to be going crazy buying right now. i :cloud9: Walt Kelly though. threw a bid at this four book lot and lo and behold who's the big winner?

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!

Great catch!

Jack

nah, they're just pretty low grade is all. that price includes shipping and BP, btw. Heritage weekly auction :gossip:

Really? I thought that Heritage was pretty much top dollar for everything! Lower grade comics for reasonable prices? I'll have to give them a look sometime.

They look attractive from the scans. What do you mean by low grade?

Jack

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!

Great catch!

Jack

Really? I thought that Heritage was pretty much top dollar for everything! Lower grade comics for reasonable prices? I'll have to give them a look sometime.

Jack

i mean that if they went to CGC - which they won't - and came back with an average grade of VG-, i would be both shocked and happy.

G or G+ at best. but staples are tight, books are complete, and pages are still supple. so, they are good for me for now. if i ever decide to sell the 69, i will alert you first :gossip:

AAAUUUGGGHHH!!

Great catch!

Jack

Jack

i mean that if they went to CGC - which they won't - and came back with an average grade of VG-, i would be both shocked and happy.

G or G+ at best. but staples are tight, books are complete, and pages are still supple. so, they are good for me for now. if i ever decide to sell the 69, i will alert you first :gossip:

Well, that's a different story. On closer inspection, there's all that edge chipping, poor centering, even NAKED PIXIES!

$14.79 max!

Thanks,

Jack