• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,823 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, jmg3637 said:

Here is another bunch  of recently recovered  images  from the Bucket.  Fixed the naming on about 150  images so far.  Finding many duplicate images.  SOme of them are of the books I have upgraded  along the way, but most are just dups

fc 270 ZGsDriftForce.jpg

fc 273 bc.jpg

fc 273 Oswald.jpg

fc 292 Cisco Kid.jpg

fc 298 BB Shiek for a Day.jpg

fc 298 bc.jpg

fc 299 bc.jpg

fc 299 Buck Jones.jpg

Wow, that Drift Fence is one of the hardest books in the entire run to find. The Bugs is easy to find in VG, but try to find a copy in Fine or better...almost impossible.

I have probably upgraded  the Bugs as it is not on my upgrade.  OTOH  Drift has been on my upgrade list  since I first started  increasing the quality as well as quantity  of my collection.  That one  is still on the list.

I think  there are 3  of your current crop  that would be excellant additions  including the #2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:14 PM, jmg3637 said:

I have probably upgraded  the Bugs as it is not on my upgrade.  OTOH  Drift has been on my upgrade list  since I first started  increasing the quality as well as quantity  of my collection.  That one  is still on the list.

I think  there are 3  of your current crop  that would be excellant additions  including the #2

LOL...that might make a good upgrade to any collection!

Probably will spend much of the day  working on my collection  and watching some Superhero  TV shows

Cant believe that photobucket  added  like a 10 digit random code at the end of the  name  for the images I recently recovered.  Like they wanted to be sure I hated them  with a kick on the way out the door

fc 246 ZG Thunder Mountain.jpg

fc 247 FlashGordon.jpg

fc 248 MM BlackSorcerer.jpg

fc 249 Woody Woodpecker.jpg

fc 250 DD DiamondDaze.jpg

fc 251 Hubert.jpg

fc 252 Pinocchio.jpg

fc 254 SanatFunnies.jpg

fc 255 ZG TheRange.jpg

fc 256 DD LuckoftheNorth.jpg

after spending much of the day on comics  I am about 1/2 done with fixing the names of the images  so I could begin to reintegrate  the 2 earliest phases of my four color collecting.

Then I will have to scour this computer  to see what I have scanned/added since I stopped uploading to the bucket account

In this batch I have a couple of my Crippen's  that I got at the Los Angeles comic convention  from Ritter.  A couple of those books  had water damage.  wow that must have been at least a decade ago

fc 231MM RajahsTreasure.jpg

fc 233 BB SleepwalkingSleuth.jpg

fc 234 Dumbo.jpg

fc 236 ZG HeritageoftheDesert.jpg

fc 238 DD VoodooHooDoo.jpg

fc 239 AdventureBound cr.jpg

fc 241 PP MightyHunter.jpg

fc 242 Tippir&CapStubbs cr.jpg

fc 243 Thumper.jpg

fc 245 DicksAdventures.jpg

Of course I got totally  shut out in 4Gems  auctions.  I was top bidder on four  when they went live.  Managed to be around when those came up.  Threw in a couple bids,  but even my best  ended up at 1/3rd of the final hammer.

Lets close out the weekend  with a few more recovered images

fc 214 MM SkyAdventure.jpg

fc 215 SparklePlenty.jpg

fc 216 Andy Panda.jpg

fc 217 BB CourtJester.jpg

fc 218 3 LittlePigs.jpg

fc 219 Swee'Pea.jpg

fc 222 ZG WestofthePecos.jpg

fc 227 SevenDwarfs.jpg

fc 228 Zorro.jpg

fc 229 SmokeyStover.jpg

fc 230 ZG SunsetPass.jpg

On 1/24/2022 at 10:02 PM, jmg3637 said:

I sure hope that I have replaced the Zorro  by now.  That has to be one of the ugliest comics in my collection

This group contains a few more  of my crippen copies

fc 186 RReprintBam.jpg

fc 187 BB GreadfulDragon.jpg

fc 194 MM UnderSea.jpg

fc 196 CharlieMcCarthy.jpg

fc 197 SpiritoftheBorder.jpg

fc 198 AP MightyMites.jpg

fc 199 DD BulletValley.jpg

fc 200 BB SuperSleuth cr.jpg

fc 202 WoodyWoodpecker cr.jpg

fc 205 Santa Funnies cr.jpg

fc 207King of teh Royal Mounted.jpg

fc 208 Brer Rabbit.jpg

fc 209 Harold Teen cr.jpg

fc 212  DR Bobbs.jpg

Boy, so I many of the covers you just posted are so hard to get. Try finding Dr. Bobbs!!!

Dr. Bobbs is hard to come by, though I've seen a couple of copies on eBay recently that don't sell.  Swee'Pea and Sparkle Plenty are also difficult to find.  I almost never see copies of Hubert at Camp Moonbeam which was posted earlier.  I've got a copy of Sparkle Plenty, but don't have the other three yet.

Sparkle Plenty was the last issue a friend of mine purchased to finish off his Four Color Series II run.

Edited by kaculler

I am sure that some of the sharp eyes  noticed that the Bambi 186  was the Non-four color reprint.  Maybe they were wanting to be kind  and not point out my error.

When I get the chance  I will post my Thank you list of trading partners  which details where I got each issue from.  That list has grown to nearly 10 full pages.

Starting this group off with the real thing  and working my way back among my earliest additions 

fc 163 DickTracy.jpg

fc 167 LoneRanger.jpg

fc 168 Popeye.jpg

fc 174WinnieWinkle.jpg

fc 178 DD BearMountain.jpg

fc 180 OzarkIke.jpg

fc 181 MM JungleMagic.jpg

fc 182 PP EverNeverLand.jpg

fc 185 MotherGoose cr.jpg

fc 186 Banbi.jpg