• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dave Stevens appreciation thread!

96 posts in this topic

This thread is costing me money! frustrated.gif

A lot of you guys turned me on to Stevens' work about a year ago, and I've had good luck turning up unread copies of his 80s Indy material in the dollar bins.

So, its still possible to collect quality stuff for cheap. thumbsup2.gif

I think 80s indy material in general is the best place to get quality stuff for cheap. You just have to know what you're looking for. There was a ton of *spoon* indy published but there were some serious gems too and without the enormous print runs of the DCs and Marvels.

I know it's not a cover, and some of you have seen this.

But when I searched for a Stevens example for my collection I chose this Splash page over a half dozen original covers I could have chased.

Still at the very top of my favorite pieces list many years later.

stevens_rocketeerv2c1p21.jpg

All the respect in the world for Dave's talent and it's just an added bonus that you could bounce a quarter 4 feet in the air off the behinds he creates. thumbsup2.gif

I know it's not a cover, and some of you have seen this.

But when I searched for a Stevens example for my collection I chose this Splash page over a half dozen original covers I could have chased.

Still at the very top of my favorite pieces list many years later.

That's an amazing piece of art - congrats! hail.gif