• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's face it. The 70's sucked.

208 posts in this topic

Truly a wasted decade if there ever was one. Born in the 70's but raised in the 80's I remember making fun of everything 70's. From disco to bell bottoms. The Woodstock wanna-be's to the *spoon* *spoon* TV. Speaking of which, this comic epitimizes the suckage called the 70's. Yeah it was the birth of punk and you can lay claim to Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin. But really. I think Mad Magazine represented the "fight authority" message of youth.

Except that Led Zeppelin started (and some would say released their seminal work) in the 60s.

Are you counting Black Sabbath in the plus or minus column?

So, dust off your Peter Frampton - Comes Alive albums, blow dry your feathered hair and know that you do feel like we do.

This cover could be in the Short Bus thread, except that it's post-GA.

Starting Short Bus threads in the Silver and Bronze forums might be a good idea, except that your evidence suggests that in the Bronze Age, a Long Bus thread might be shorter than a Short Bus thread :-)

Jack

dc1.jpg

dc6.jpg

David's choker "luv" beads????????

Does anyone other than me find that potentially the most unintentionally dirty thing ever put in print? 893whatthe.gif

The entire ad is that way.

"You Get:

Special Super-Thin Needle"

"Wow! send me....packs of David choker luv beads."

The 70's had DISCO which I personally thinks sucks but didn't the 80's have the big hair 'rock' bands which sucked, the 90's had the real beginnings of dance/electronica which also suck and this decade (and a bit of the 90's) will be known for gansta rap like 50 Cent who sucks as well. Just as a personal bias we also now have Nickleback which just makes me sad but throughout it all there was U2, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Run DMC, Sloan and other great bands.

The 70's had DISCO which I personally thinks sucks but didn't the 80's have the big hair 'rock' bands which sucked, the 90's had the real beginnings of dance/electronica which also suck and this decade (and a bit of the 90's) will be known for gansta rap like 50 Cent who sucks as well. Just as a personal bias we also now have Nickleback which just makes me sad but throughout it all there was U2, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Run DMC, Sloan and other great bands.

ah....., you've just hit upon Sturgeon's Law....,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

Depends how old you were in the 70's. Most of my teenage years were in the 70's and for me anyway, it was the best time to be around.

I saw Zeppelin, the Stones, The Who, Queen in concert in the 70's alone.

The we moved to Florida in December of 1979...and the good times ended.

Mega Budget Movie Special Effects were born...
They were? tongue.gif

good ones atleast...

tongue.gif

Actually I'm just messing with you. I personally think good special effects can be seen early on in the War of the Worlds 1952

AN Oscar winnner for Best Special Effects.