• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's face it. The 70's sucked.

208 posts in this topic

More great stuff from the 70's:

Hunter S. Thompson

Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Harold and Maude

Spidey Super Stories

Fireside Marvel book series

Beyond The Valley of The Dolls

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Kraftwerk

The Micronauts

Mego's World's Greatest Superheroes

Eraserhead

Creepy and Eerie Magazines

Pam Grier

Thats great. Posting pics from the 70s, such good memories cloud9.gif

Me (middle) and my cousins on the island of Kos, summer of 79. Oh to be able to go back in time and relive it yay.gif

greece.jpg

Other great stuff from the 70's:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

Sorry, the band had a couple of good songs (I have their greatest hits compilation - Permanent, but they didn't really take off until they became New Order. Just another reason to like the 80's!

Umm... excuse me... but HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

America's Team reigned in the 70's! Oh and who can forget:

DCC_squad_78-79.jpg

Surely it was the Steelers who reigned in the 70s? tongue.gif

The Steelers only had 3 Superbowl appearances in the 70's, the Cowboys had 5! gossip.gif

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I thought the Steelers appeared in 4 Superbowls in the 70s. And won them all, whilst the Cowboys only won two.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I thought the Steelers appeared in 4 Superbowls in the 70s. And won them all, whilst the Cowboys only won two.

Yup.

No one cares about appearances. It's all about the win. poke2.gif

Umm... excuse me... but HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

America's Team reigned in the 70's! Oh and who can forget:

DCC_squad_78-79.jpg

Surely it was the Steelers who reigned in the 70s? tongue.gif

The Steelers only had 3 Superbowl appearances in the 70's, the Cowboys had 5! gossip.gif

You may be thinking 1980... as the Steelers were there that year.

The Cowboys have had a total of 8 appearances and the Steelers 6 thumbsup2.gif

Of course... this year will make it 9 for the Boys! yay.gif

Oh and this is an EDIT: both teams have Won 5

And YES appearances MATTER because that means that team won their respective division!

Yup.

No one cares about appearances. It's all about the win. poke2.gif

Actually they won three...

the 4th one you are thinking about was won in the year 1980.

but the steelers ruled back then.

wink.gif

I Loved the 70's, every decade had it's *spoon* teeney bopper type bands, 60's -Jackson 5, Osmands 80s - New Kids on the Block, 90 to presentBackstreet Boys, Boys to Men, any American Idol winner or loser(hard to tell)

The 70s were a party time after all of the *spoon* of the 60s. The 60's you had the assasination of 3 great men, race riots, Vietnam at it's peak. The best part was the music and the comics. The 70s started as 60's light. I agree that that disco sucked, but overall it was fun. When I watch the reruns of that 70s show I see alot of the same things me and my friends did.

And YES appearances MATTER because that means that team won their respective division!

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl, not to win the division. It means squat to win a division and then get knocked out in the playoffs. (hello Buffalo Bills, hello Indy Colts)

No one cares except the diehard fans of those particular teams.

Look at my Raiders for instance in the 70's. One of the best teams of the decade and only one Super Bowl to show for it. You gotta grab that brass ring or it don't mean a thing.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl, not to win the division. It means squat to win a division and then get knocked out in the playoffs. (hello Buffalo Bills, hello Indy Colts)

No one cares except the die hard fans of those particular teams.

Look at my Raiders for instance in the 70's. One of the best teams of the decade and only one Super Bowl to show for it. You gotta grab that brass ring or it don't mean a thing.

If you win the division you can't get "knocked out" in the playoffs gossip.gif

If you win the division you can't get "knocked out" in the playoffs gossip.gif

I think you mean win the conference? Perhaps I should say post season instead of playoffs if you're going to split hairs. laugh.gif

By the way, not winning the Super Bowl means you lost somewhere along the way, hence the term "knocked out."