• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

But there's one book I'd have to describe as the most satisfying - I obtained this in San Diego direct from Simon Powell (with an appreciative helping hand from Stephen Ritter). Raw and with fresh off-white pages, too.

100_0856NF.jpg

Good collecting to one and all in 2007.

STEVE

Where's the gremlin that's green with envy? I need it for this post.

But there's one book I'd have to describe as the most satisfying - I obtained this in San Diego direct from Simon Powell (with an appreciative helping hand from Stephen Ritter). Raw and with fresh off-white pages, too.

100_0856NF.jpg

STEVE

tough book to find remotely in grade above Good

Steve Ritter is a top dealer in my book - he defines integrity and customer service, and did a marvelous job brokering the Powell collection.

Steve;

I've also heard the same positive feedback about Ritter. Is he more of a collector as opposed to a dealer, or is he really a combination of both?

BTW: Is Steve Ritter on the boards here?

Steve Ritter is a top dealer in my book - he defines integrity and customer service, and did a marvelous job brokering the Powell collection.

Steve;

I've also heard the same positive feedback about Ritter. Is he more of a collector as opposed to a dealer, or is he really a combination of both?

lou, I believe he's in the process of transitioning from one to the other - mentioned to me in SD (where he had a booth set up) that he is looking to expand. He's most welcome to the ranks of comic book dealers.

I don't know...

STEVE

Steve;

I think we're already over our quota of Steves. One of the others would have to quit.

Jack

Great pick-up. Always exciting to find an OO GA collection. Are you going to sell or keep them, or a combo? Any More Funs? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll be breaking them up, probably selling most. No More Funs, sorry.

What's the condition of the Adventure Comics #73 in the top left corner and what kind of price range did your have in mind for this book? Are you planning to sell them on eBay or give us a preview here on the boards first?

One other question, any nice early Archies in the collection? 893crossfingers-thumb.giftakeit.gif

The initial grade on the Adventure is Fair-Good, but I've yet to look over it in detail. No early Archies--there is one early Laugh (in the 40s I think).

In response to you and everyone who emailed me about the collection. I'll respond to each of you after the holiday--the next two days are going to be a little crazy for me. I plan give first dibs to board members before trying any other avenue.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Roger

In response to you and everyone who emailed me about the collection. I'll respond to each of you after the holiday--the next two days are going to be a little crazy for me. I plan give first dibs to board members before trying any other avenue.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Roger

thumbsup2.gif

100_0856NF.jpg

STEVE

Thanks for the compliment, Steve. Were my eyes dull as dishwater, I would still be able to recognize this as one of the most important books posted in this thread. Without any other purchases, this would have made it a banner year for your collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I won this during the Heritage Spring auction. I figured this may be the last chance to get an unrestored copy before prices shut me out. cloud9.gif

File0302.jpg

hello all...

this was the first tec 35 I saw available this year...I missed out on the bidding...congrats on the great pickup !

thanks

rick

[investment-wise, quite frankly I can't think of a worse way to go than Fawcetts. They're incredibly plentiful in HG, so plentiful that I would have to use a 9.6 cut-off just like I do with post-1964 SAs! Combine that with the fact that Ibis is an extremely obscure series that will never attract a real following. Raboy is popular, but he doesn't have a fanatical following, hence the relatively low prices for all those Capt Marvel Jrs featuring his covers. This was definitely a purchase from the heart, and not the head.

Tim;

Not a bad analysis of the market for Fawcett books during the past several years.

Probably a good thing that I have only a handful of Fawcett books in my collection. The only Raboy covers I have are Bulletman #3 & #5 issues along with Master Comics #27 and #33. If remember corrrectly, the first three of those books are in really nice HG condition.

I always thought the Master #27 was undervalued in the guide and should have been broken out by itself. Just an absolutely gorgeous cover, but probably the market has pass it by after all these years.

I always thought the Master #27 was undervalued in the guide and should have been broken out by itself. Just an absolutely gorgeous cover, but probably the market has pass it by after all these years.

I agree with you. His Master run is classic, but in my opinion, the #27 stands just a litle taller. I always thought it should be broken out. I think it's a tougher book to find in nice shape, as well.

I agree with you. His Master run is classic, but in my opinion, the #27 stands just a litle taller. I always thought it should be broken out. I think it's a tougher book to find in nice shape, as well.

I'm a huge fan of the Capt. Nazi cover on #34. Never owned it, but high grade copies of that book look tremendous. Something about the greens on the cover.

My All-American #17...just it got back from CGC graded 6.0. Top 3 in census. yay.gif I've always wanted an early Green Lantern...

329747173_ac7d1812bd_o.jpg

GE

hello all...

congrats, that is one of my fav non bat books...

rick

The Pre-Code Horror in this batch ain't too bad either..... wink.gif

I didn't see any PCH in the pics. confused-smiley-013.gif

You haven't been holding out on us have you, WP?

BTW, welcome to the boards MNIL! hi.gif