• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best BA Purchases of 06

136 posts in this topic

Funny how that works, as the Supes 233 was purchased off Ron Murray another great dealer.

So, the world is not so vast...

Ron sold me some Daredevil's comics from the Monterey collection a few years ago.

Great Guy !

Funny how that works, as the Supes 233 was purchased off Ron Murray another great dealer.

So, the world is not so vast...

Ron sold me some Daredevil's comics from the Monterey collection a few years ago.

Great Guy !

Christo_pull_hair.gif There were only DC's left by the time I got there, LMK if you're ever interested in letting some of them come back to Monterey grin.gif

Here are a couple of my better deals from last year:

- Batman #237 for a smidge over $40 on eBay early last year as an "Excellent Condition" copy that just came back as a CGC 9.4. The seller also had several other Adams Batmans up at the same time that I am kicking myself for not going after harder. His copy of #234 that appeared to be in bit better condition that topped out at $66 and some change.

- Green Lantern #87 for $19.99 on eBay that was listed as a 9.0. It has one light 1.5" bend along the middle of the right side otherwise in better overall condition as the Bats #237. Looking at the prices they fetch in 9.4 or 9.6 I am seriously considering sending it in to get the bend pressed out.

- Batman #243 for $110 in NM from Metropolis (can't remember if this copy was purchased in 05 or 06) that graded out as CGC 9.4

- Green Lantern #76 last summer on eBay listed in VF condition for $165 that graded out at CGC 8.5.

Another nice pick up was a Marvel Spotlight #5 (VF/NM) and Iron Man #55 (NM-)from a local collector at $250 for the pair in early 06 that I sold at a local con. Sweet copies that I wish I still had, but the money offered was too good to pass up for raw books. grin.gif

My first Bronze Post! Also I picked this beauty up at my LCS for 49.99 about 5 months ago. I thought it looked real good, maybe get a 9.4...got lucky! Top of census along with 11 others, but still top! Amazing12.jpg

gossip.gif 9.6 is high grade on the CGC census. There is a 9.8 on the PGX census.

But, the book is beautiful!