• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best BA Purchases of 06

136 posts in this topic

Hey, no fair...you're bringin' out the big gun 12 centers, Shep. I love the OAAW 201 btw. Great cover. And the SSWS 141 is my favorite of the run...I think I have one lying around here somewheres. John

Let's see it!!! Your #141 is a sweetie!

Shep

yeahok.gifscrewy.gif

poke2.gif

Bring it to dinner so I can gawk and spill salsa on it.

I would if I could, but it's in SF with all of my other goodies. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang at dinner tomorrow night!!! yay.gif

Hey, no fair...you're bringin' out the big gun 12 centers, Shep. I love the OAAW 201 btw. Great cover. And the SSWS 141 is my favorite of the run...I think I have one lying around here somewheres. John

Let's see it!!! Your #141 is a sweetie!

Shep

You twisted my arm. Screw it, I got all of these this year. Just love these books:

SSWS144.jpg

SSWS139.jpg

SSWS143.jpg

SSWS142.jpg

SSWS145.jpg

SSWS141.jpg

Showcase57.jpg

ssws146.jpg

SSWS147.jpg

SSWS148.jpg

SSWS149.jpg

Had the good fortune (and the age insane.gif) to buy a lot of Bronze off the rack back in the day, but am always looking to upgrade copies that survived the turmoil of my life in less-than-stellar shape. Here's one I purchased this year:

HeroforHire1slab.jpg

Had the good fortune (and the age insane.gif) to buy a lot of Bronze off the rack back in the day, but am always looking to upgrade copies that survived the turmoil of my life in less-than-stellar shape. Here's one I purchased this year:

HeroforHire1slab.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

John,

I love that Enemy Ace run..... cloud9.gif

Whatta year!

Shep

Yeah, I had a run of a couple months where the books just kept showing up for sale. Stretched the 'ol pocketbook but well worth it. Only 3 more EA books to go and then I'll work on upgrading the 9.0/9.2's to 9.4's. Then...it's off to GA books( gossip.gifGonna try for one in the Heritage auction this weekend) or finishing off my Justice League and Flash runs.

Bronze 2006 was all about Conan for me.

Complete my BWS run #1-24 and Savage Sword of Conan #1-10 this year.

Most were unslabbed, but here are the four slabs from the bunch.

smudges are on the cases...didn't notice until I had scanned them.

conan1.jpg

conan2.jpg

ssc3.jpg

ssc5.jpg

That's a nice looking 7.5.

Yeah, the front cover is very nice. cloud9.gif

main defect was a small tic of a tear to the back cover.

The rest of my year was spent searching for Silver TOS issues(any grade)

and Copper Miller Daredevils(slabbed 9.6s).

I think I'll spend 2007 finishing out the Bronze Avengers run.

These are my two most favorite Bronze Age Purchases in '06.

They aren't comics...just "parts" of them.

A battle page from Batman #243 by Neal Adams. Which has just about everything I love about Neal in it.

AdamsN_Batman243p2.jpg

and

A Starlin Captain Marvel Splash from Captain Marvel #29 that sums up how poweful Starlin was on this run and on this character.

Starlin_Cap29p1.JPG

So not comics per se...just little pieces of them.

2006 was a real joy.

Chris