• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does the average person here suffer from CADD?

36 posts in this topic

collecting attention deficit disorder? maybe it's the wrong impression but it sure seems like a lot of posters here change interests as often as i change my socks. so, how long have you been collecting your current interest? i've been collecting high grade silver age DC for roughly 10 years, the prior 20 (when i had little $) it was high grade silver age Marvel. what's your story?

I collect funny books confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone on here seems to think I only collect Batman but I collect everything.

Batman is the only one I try and collect super high grade.

Everything else(and this may sound funny) I collect 9.4 and 9.6.

Marvel stuff is really cheap at these levels as well as most DC.

The older stuff I go down to 9.0 and even 8.0 depending on the sharpness of the book. Thats Golden age stuff though.

I started out collecting high grade Marvels 30 + years ago. That transferred into buying anything high grade when there were not enough Marvels available to exhaust all the funds. This led me to DC, Charlton, Harvey, Gold Key, etc. I do have some fetish books I go after too, pretty much regardless of grade - paratrooper covers (though I'm not as rabid as Paratrooper!), Fish-in-the-Face covers (picked up 4Most 4 tonight!!!!), and some romance books if they have saucy covers.

I don't know if that means I have CADD, but when I have those internal dialogues with myself, I'm a pretty *spoon* ing sick puppy....,

Since I have starting back collecting 4 years ago it has been almost 80% DC.

However, I never pass up a good deal. Unless you count the time I passed on a complete original owner run of Venus in mid to high grade. Would have been below guide. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I regret it more and more I think about it.

Hello, from a former CADD person.

Yep, for years I'd switch collecting genres at the drop of a hat.

Started with Silver Marvel and then meandered through the following desires, in the listed order...

Bronze Marvel...

Bronze DC...

Bronze Magazines...

Anything High-grade(gee this coincided with my discovery of CGC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)...

Pre-code crime of any grade...

For the past two years I've had a set Want List of about 150 books and I've done a good job of sticking to the list. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I collected Marvels for most of my life, and took up SA DC in the early 1990s when a collector I respected pointed out how hard they are to find in HG. I made the full switch to SA DC in 2000 or so, and started selling off my Marvel collection to finance my DC purchases. I've seriously collected Duck books and Dell/GK "hero" books since the mid-90s. At this point, I've exited serious collecting of SA DCs and Ducks but am still into the Dell/GK hero books.

I've had the same collecting interest for 20+ years and it includes a little of everything from GA to BA. As prices rose I've had to make choices so some of my purchasing dropped off and, in some cases, books were sold off. Life goes on. Comics are cool! smile.gif

I collect funny books confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone on here seems to think I only collect Batman but I collect everything.

Batman is the only one I try and collect super high grade.

Everything else(and this may sound funny) I collect 9.4 and 9.6.

Marvel stuff is really cheap at these levels as well as most DC.

The older stuff I go down to 9.0 and even 8.0 depending on the sharpness of the book. Thats Golden age stuff though.

9.4 and 9.6 isn't super high grade confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Every time I see a nice book at a good price I have to remind myself of my collecting goals. These boards are bad as there is always something nice for a good price available.

Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif Focus makepoint.gif

"Does the average person here suffer from CADD?"

A better question might be, "Are there any average people here?"

Most seem to be pretty well above average to me...,