• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Please add these sets" Thread

1,211 posts in this topic

I just had a call for (old) JLA and Brave and Bold...

I didn't look to see if anyone else said that already, but I am for it!!!

I don't know....does anyone even collect that stuff anymore?

Maybe I could find an issue or 2...?

Aww what the heck, let's make it official:

"I request a 1st series JLA set in the Registry...from 1-261!"

(none of this penny-ante 1-25 cut-off for me) grin.gif

Rick

Rick

You just want to be #1 because all the big wigs are going for 1-25! insane.gif

Rick

I second that motion. cool.gif

Sal

Rick

I second that motion. cool.gif

Sal

I 3rd that motion!!! cool.gif

Sals evil twin

How about adding the following sets:

Amazing Spider-Man (1st series) 1-441, all annuals, all giant-size

Avengers (1st series) 1-402, all annuals, all giant-size

Justice League of America 1-261, all annuals

New Teen Titans/Tales of the New Teen Titans (1st series) 1-91, all annuals

Less Runs, More Complete Sets Please

OK - Here is a pre-code horror type set - any one of these issues/numbers of the various books would satisfy - if you need more info talk to your counterparts in coins for the type set dealie! grin.gif

3-D Tales From the Crypt of Terror...2, Adventures Into Darkness...5-14, Adventures Into Terror...43-44, 3-31, Adventures into the Unknown...1-61, Adventures Into Weird Worlds...1-30, All Picture Adventures...1, Amazing Adventures...1-5, Amazing Detective cases...11-14, Amazing Ghost Stories...14-16, Amazing Mysteries...32-33, Astonishing...3-37, Baffling Mysteries...5-24, Beware...10-12, Beware...13-16, 5-14, Beware Terror Tales...1-8, Beyond, The...1-30, Black Cat Mystery...30-53, Black Magic...1-33, Blue Bolt Weird Tales...111-119, Captain America's Weird Tales...74-75, Challenge Of The Unknown...6, Chamber Of Chills...21-24, 5-26, Chilling Tales...13-17, City Of The Living Dead...1-shot, Clutching Hand...1, Crypt Of terror...17-19, Dark Mysteries...1-22, Diary Of Horror...1-shot, Eerie...1-17, Eerie...1, Eerie Adventures...1, Fantastic...8-9, Fantastic Comics...10-11, Fantastic fears...7-8, 3-9, Fantastic Worlds...5-7, Fight Against Crime...1-21, Forbidden Worlds...1-34, Frankenstein...18-33, Ghost Comics...1-11, Ghostly Weird Stories...120-124, Hand Of Fate...8-25, 25-26, Haunt Of Fear...15-17, 4-28, Haunted Thrills...1-18, Horrific...1-13, Horror From The Tomb...1, House Of Mystery...1-35, House of Terror 3-D...1, Intrique...1, Journey Into Fear...1-21, Journey Into Mystery...1-22, Journey Into Unknown Worlds...36-38, 4-33, Lost Worlds...5-6, Marvel Tales...93-131, Menace...1-11, Men's Adventures...21-26, Mister Mystery...1-19, Mysteries Weird and Strange...1-11, Mysterious Adventures...1-23, Mysterious Stories...2, Mystery Tales...1-26, Mystic...1-36, Night Of Mystery...1-shot, Nightmare...10-13, Nightmare...3, Nightmare...1-2, Out Of The Night...1-17, Out Of The Shadows...5-14, Phantom Witch Doctor...1-shot, Purple Claw...1-3, Sensation Comics...107-109, Sensation Mystery...110-116, Skeleton Hand...9/52, Spellbound...1-23, Spook...22-29, Startling Terror Tales...10-14, 4-11, Strange Fantasy...2, 2-15, Strange Mysteries...1-21, Strange Stories From Another World...2-5, Strange Suspense Stories...16-22, Strange Suspense Stories...1-5, Strange Tales...1-34, Strange Terrors...1-7, Suspense...1-29, Tales From The Crypt...20-46, Tales Of Horror...1-13, Tales Of Terror...1, Tales of terror Annual...1-3, Terrific...14, The Dead Who Walk...1-shot, The Monster...1-2, Thing!...1-17, This Is Suspense...23, This Magazine Is Haunted...1-14, This Magazine Is Haunted...15-21, Thrills Of Tomorrow...17-18, Tomb of Terror...1-16, Tormented, The...1-2, Uncanny Tales...1-28, Unknown World...1, Unseen...5-15, Vault Of Horror...12-40, Venus...12-19, Voodoo...1-19, Voodoo Annual ...1, Web Of Evil...1-21, Web of Mystery...1-27, Weird Adventures...1-3, Weird Adventures...10, Weird Chills...1-3, Weird Horrors...1-9, Weird Mysteries...1-12, Weird Tales of the Future...1-8, Weird Terror...1-13, Weird Thrillers...1-5, Witchcraft...1-6, Witches Tales...1-28, Worlds Beyond...1, Worlds of Fear...2-10

considering you may be the only one with most of those issues.

Now not necessarily true. Many lurkers. At times more anon than reg's. But still - is not a pre-code horror type set worthy of acquisition? If you slice me with mylar-d will I not bleed? If you seal my wound will I not be certifed restored?

But you know? It is early days yet! grin.gif

Now not necessarily true. Many lurkers. At times more anon than reg's. But still - is not a pre-code horror type set worthy of acquisition? If you slice me with mylar-d will I not bleed? If you seal my wound will I not be certifed restored?

How sublime emotion you shall feel whence your platitudes ring through the hills upon scribing your acquisition upon the Registry walls. Yet I sayeth this, is not precode horror by any other name, still pre-code horror?

How sublime emotion you shall feel whence your platitudes ring through the hills upon scribing your acquisition upon the Registry walls. Yet I sayeth this, is not precode horror by any other name, still pre-code horror?

Well, ya! If you'se gonna put it like dat!

Do you really have all those pre-codes? It would be an unfair comparision against a collection such as yours.

No - actually those precodes are my goal - but seriously - keep in mind this is a pre-code "type set" I am acquiring. It means one copy of each TITLE - not each issue. So one Tales From The Crypt would satisfy the Tales From The Crypt criteria. Even so, I have been at this almost 2 years now and am only 1/3 finished (yes, I could have completed a LOT more but I am trying to get the better covers in at least Fine condition for the most part (except for things like Eerie #1 1947, Cap 75 and a few others that, at fine, would kill my bank balance).