• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Please add these sets" Thread

1,211 posts in this topic

Just wondering....

Why can't the sets be added to the registry without all the apparent effort/delay that is required to calculate the points and such? Just use some placeholder constant value.

Collectors could be happily entering their sets and collections. Whenever the points have been calculated, update the registry with those values.

That would allow the sets to be added to the registry quickly, maybe get some excitement about it built up... vs the water torture approach of launching about one new set a month.

Not a bad idea. The slot entry only takes about 20 percent of the effort of getting the scores in.

If I understand correctly I don't think this makes sense. You can't say that an Avengers #8 in 9.4 is the same as a #9 in 9.4 so you should get more points for the #9. I think it is fine the way it is now but I agree new sets needed to be added more frequently to keep interest up.

Eric

Noted they recently added Daredevil #1-120, but it's not being scored yet. And they've added Iron Man #1-200, but when you go to add/manage sets, you can't input that set yet. So Daredevil is mostly there, but Iron Man needs some work to be able to have people actually register their sets. Maybe shortly they'll get these bugs worked out...

Noted they recently added Daredevil #1-120, but it's not being scored yet. And they've added Iron Man #1-200, but when you go to add/manage sets, you can't input that set yet. So Daredevil is mostly there, but Iron Man needs some work to be able to have people actually register their sets. Maybe shortly they'll get these bugs worked out...

I entered the slots for the Batman, Daredevil, and Iron Man sets all at once. The scores for those sets are not entered yet. I announce the sets when the slots and the scores are in. You can go ahead and enter books in those sets if you want to. They will work ok as sets, but they will score as zero until I get the scores in. The scores will be entered in the order listed above: Batman, Daredevil, then Iron Man.

I entered the slots for the Batman, Daredevil, and Iron Man sets all at once. The scores for those sets are not entered yet. I announce the sets when the slots and the scores are in. You can go ahead and enter books in those sets if you want to. They will work ok as sets, but they will score as zero until I get the scores in. The scores will be entered in the order listed above: Batman, Daredevil, then Iron Man.

Thanks, but when I go to "Comic Set Manager/Category D-I/"Add" Set To Registry, and then use the pulldown menu, Iron Man ain't there. The last entry is Iron Fist #1-15. I also looked in A-C and J-Z just to be sure, but I'm still completely and utterly stumped as to how to enter Iron Man books. Perhaps you can tell me how, because I've added registry sets before, but I can't figure out how to add an Iron Man set. I see Iron Man #1-200 in the main menu, but no one has entered a set yet.

Thanks, but when I go to "Comic Set Manager/Category D-I/"Add" Set To Registry, and then use the pulldown menu, Iron Man ain't there. The last entry is Iron Fist #1-15. I also looked in A-C and J-Z just to be sure, but I'm still completely and utterly stumped as to how to enter Iron Man books. Perhaps you can tell me how, because I've added registry sets before, but I can't figure out how to add an Iron Man set. I see Iron Man #1-200 in the main menu, but no one has entered a set yet.

Sorry, I did not have public access enabled on the Iron Man set. That has been turned on so you should be able to enter an Iron Man set now.