• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Please add these sets" Thread

1,211 posts in this topic

That being the case why would you want Registry sets? Considering you may be the only person in it.

errr - what being the case?

Bottom line? This goes back when Arch initially intimated that there may be some type of registry for comics and I mentioned a pre-code horror type set. Thought it would be fun to toggle his memory.

You can see the beginnings of this here:

Collecting Habits

So what your saying is: Have a single set of pre-code horror in the registry to encompass all titles. Then you could compare as a whole.

I was thinking you were looking for individual sets for each title.

893offtopic1.gif

I think it would be interesting to have a contest along the lines of looking for a single issue of a random title. Checking the census first to ensure nothing above a certain grade existed. Then establish a time period to achieve the highest grade. I realize of course that this could be a costly endeavor, depending on the title, issue, and price.

Have a single set of pre-code horror in the registry to encompass all titles. Then you could compare as a whole.

All joking aside, yes. I find the concept of a "type set" fascinating in comics. And since pre-code horror is my area, well, I would be overjoyd to discover others are pursuing a similar thing.

The thing about this kind of type set - first it is damnably difficult to put together, but even after you do, there are always better covers or historic (historic in terms of things like SOTI) to improve the set. And then trying to upgrade condition! THAT is going to be the real chore.

Arch/Dena/Whomever:

Set Suggestions

Tomb of Dracula 1-70

Werewolf By Night 1-43

Howard The Duck 1-33

Marvel Spotlight 1-33

Marvel Premiere 1-61

not sure if a few of these have been mentioned already

I would like to see:

Jonah-hex #1-92 complete

Weird Western tales #12-70 complete

All-star western Vol.II #1-11 complete

Hex #1-18 complete

D.C. Special Series #1-25 complete

Peter Parker the spectacular spider-man #1-50 or complete set.

Tarzan #207-258 complete

Iron-man #1-150 or complete set

Tales to astonish #59-101

I agree with those sets. I think that it has been mentioned that they are all coming but there seems to be no hurry to release new sets. It's a bummer that CGC releases something like the Registry that I get excited about and then never add new sets.

Eric

I'd like to consolidate requests for new set types into one thread to give us an easy place to reference them. So if you're looking for a set type to be added, mention it as a reply to this thread please.

Thanks,

Arch

Man, I lay an entire pre-code horror type set on you, and continue to be saddled with a typo handle that mocks my inbred typos to boot!

I tell ya, there is no justice in the world!

Are there any Batman sets besides DKR? Am I just missing them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

Detective 27 - 37? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lol Well, I will have to pass on that one! 27_laughing.gif

I have all my Batman books on my site and would be happy to register them if there were an applicable site.

DAM

Yeah, but at least they have Kirby's 4th World, and Mad, which have 1 person BETWEEN THEM REGISTERED.

Those will do way better than Fantastic Four, Tales of Suspense, and Journey into Mystery.

Please put these sets on there.

thanks sign-rantpost.gif