• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

So this book is already up to a silly number in this month's Clink auction. How high do you think it will go?

RADA6969201229_16033.jpg

I am in the minority, I know, most likely; but this is one of, if not THE MOST, important and special book for me. I guess I am now borderline 'obsessed' with it. I must have been about 12-13 years old when I saw it on the rack, and thought it was one of the coolest covers I had seen. I didn't get an opportunity to buy it then, or the weeks after, then I moved for one reason or another, didn't see it again until many years later, I wasn't into comics. I left to join the Mexican Army at 17 and returned to the US many years later. I joined the US Army and when I saw it at the 2003 Vegas comicon (show that absolutely sucked BTW), I fell in love with it again. 9.9, is something I know I will never own, as I am a regular working dude, but seeing it makes me dream; it just looks so damn cool! Props to the owner and/or buyer. I have every single foreign variant of this book, one left to slab. I feel that seeing all them side by side brings me back to that first time I ever saw that stack, where I didn't even get one copy. Bottom line...you made my day... (thumbs u

So this book is already up to a silly number in this month's Clink auction. How high do you think it will go?

RADA6969201229_16033.jpg

I am in the minority, I know, most likely; but this is one of, if not THE MOST, important and special book for me. I guess I am now borderline 'obsessed' with it. I must have been about 12-13 years old when I saw it on the rack, and thought it was one of the coolest covers I had seen. I didn't get an opportunity to buy it then, or the weeks after, then I moved for one reason or another, didn't see it again until many years later, I wasn't into comics. I left to join the Mexican Army at 17 and returned to the US many years later. I joined the US Army and when I saw it at the 2003 Vegas comicon (show that absolutely sucked BTW), I fell in love with it again. 9.9, is something I know I will never own, as I am a regular working dude, but seeing it makes me dream; it just looks so damn cool! Props to the owner and/or buyer. I have every single foreign variant of this book, one left to slab. I feel that seeing all them side by side brings me back to that first time I ever saw that stack, where I didn't even get one copy. Bottom line...you made my day... (thumbs u

I agree with you. It's my favorite comic of all time. I remember buying my first copy probably a 6.5/7.0 in 92 when i was about 10. The dealer had it for sale for £15, it was right at the end of the show and i pulled out all the coins i had left, he let me have it for £8, a HUGE sum back then for me as a kid. Anyway i fell in love with it that evening when i read it and 20 years later i still feel the same.

I own 2 HG copies now, one raw and one slabbed. A Mini comic version and the chromium version. I would love to see your foreign variants if you feel like sharing.

[

I own 2 HG copies now, one raw and one slabbed. A Mini comic version and the chromium version. I would love to see your foreign variants if you feel like sharing.

hm

not exactly organized...just a snipped picture from my computer files....but you can at least see how they look like side by side

300s.png

Anyone see one of these? I put this in copper, because people in the modern section couldn't care any less about books like this. I just like it. Actually looking for one. How does everyone feel about the photo cover of spiderman? I forgot the issue number, but I think it was mid 80's.

3b3a8746.jpg

Anyone see one of these? I put this in copper, because people in the modern section couldn't care any less about books like this. I just like it. Actually looking for one. How does everyone feel about the photo cover of spiderman? I forgot the issue number, but I think it was mid 80's.

3b3a8746.jpg

Tough book, been looking for years. Here is a better scan

jawbreaker.jpg

Oh right. Here is a different one that ended for $30

The listing also says 1996.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARVELS-HARD-HITTING-HEROES-COMIC-JAWBREAKER-SPECIAL-1996-VERY-RARE-/221009034942?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item33752a3ebe

I'm looking for so many Spidey promo's and variants it's impossible to check everything all the time :frustrated:

My LCS just bought a big collection of Spideys 100-400 + Ultimate, Web of, Peter Parker, etc. Finally completed my McFarlene run, #298-323, 325, 328. Going to probably keep the whole run raw, but most fall in the 9.2-.9.6 range with some 9.8s.

Oh right. Here is a different one that ended for $30

The listing also says 1996.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARVELS-HARD-HITTING-HEROES-COMIC-JAWBREAKER-SPECIAL-1996-VERY-RARE-/221009034942?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item33752a3ebe

I'm looking for so many Spidey promo's and variants it's impossible to check everything all the time :frustrated:

Do an eBay saved search!

NO, isn't that the DVD walmart book?

Looks like it.

ASM300mini.jpg

Funny enough, I dont have one..... :(

The hunt begins

I believe it came inside this DVD, which was sold with Spider-Man 2

IMG_0001.jpg

A board member hooked me up .... :applause:

Cheeta :gossip: