• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

ASM258CGCtc.jpg

This book doesn't get the love that I think it deserves. Its one of my favorite issues :cloud9:

I would agree. It arguably the key to the whole storyline surrounding the symbiote costume and eventually Venom. Not to the level of #252 and #300, but definitely more important than it is given credit for.

So this book is already up to a silly number in this month's Clink auction. How high do you think it will go?

RADA6969201229_16033.jpg

That's a sharp book.

I'm going to go downstairs to my basement and shed some tears over my 9.4.

Maybe its just me, but I can't see paying even $1,000 for a dirt common Copper book, even if it is the first full Venom, because of the number in the corner. What does a 9.8 pull, like $500? I have an easier time wrapping my mind around that, but if this 9.9 even gets into the zip code of $10K that would be lunacy IMHO. Especially when you consider that by the time that book gets shipped to the new owner it will probably be a 9.8 at best due to the fine handling of FedEx/UPS.

Maybe its just me, but I can't see paying even $1,000 for a dirt common Copper book, even if it is the first full Venom, because of the number in the corner. What does a 9.8 pull, like $500? I have an easier time wrapping my mind around that, but if this 9.9 even gets into the zip code of $10K that would be lunacy IMHO. Especially when you consider that by the time that book gets shipped to the new owner it will probably be a 9.8 at best due to the fine handling of FedEx/UPS.

:whistle:

(thumbs u

+ 100 billion gajillion ! !

So the #300 9.9 closed at $6101, which was more than I thought it would/should get but seems to be par for the course for the aggressive prices some books were getting. Still seems high to me...

there used to be quite a few between 200-300 that were really tough to find in 9.8s around 2001-2003 but all the pressing has really changed that. nowdays you can find most in 9.8s for not much money.

So the #300 9.9 closed at $6101, which was more than I thought it would/should get but seems to be par for the course for the aggressive prices some books were getting. Still seems high to me...

But it was less than half of what that New Mutants 98 CGC 9.9 closed at. I am still floored it ended at $12,000 (+). Cool book to own, though.

Here is one of my favorites. This was actually the first Spidey issue that I ever purchased off the rack. I just recently got this copy to replace the now coverless one from my childhood.

amazingspiderman226.jpg

But it was less than half of what that New Mutants 98 CGC 9.9 closed at. I am still floored it ended at $12,000 (+). Cool book to sell, though.

Fixed ;)

Here is one of my favorites. This was actually the first Spidey issue that I ever purchased off the rack. I just recently got this copy to replace the now coverless one from my childhood.

amazingspiderman226.jpg

Nice! I love ASMs from this period. I had a subscription from (around) 210-236. After that, I missed a few months but then started buying new off the rack.