• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

HOLY ABSOLUTE JEEBUS..... Have been gone for a couple years check back on the market periodically but havent done a check in a bit. Come back to look at the auction sites only to find this beast on comiclink sold for $1300. Used to be impossible to find ASM230-CGC-9.8 ........... there was only 2 of them total for the longest time from like 2000 till 2008 then partway into 2009 theres about 9 or 10 of them.

This one did catch my eye though.

RAD67E7D2009129_131752.jpg

Hope all of you in collectorville are fairing well and have kept your heads above the water with the current state of the economy and what have you.

Best regards all,

Richard

capt_comics (here on the boards) knew the guy who sold it via ComicLink. The guy bought it off the newsstand and ultimately landed the 10 through CGC. Not too shabby a return on 75 cents plus tax. :whistle:

I'm pretty sure this very book represents the oldest ASM thus far to score a 10.

capt_comics (here on the boards) knew the guy who sold it via ComicLink. The guy bought it off the newsstand and ultimately landed the 10 through CGC. Not too shabby a return on 75 cents plus tax. :whistle:

I'm pretty sure this very book represents the oldest ASM thus far to score a 10.

There's a #216 in 10. :gossip:

:pullhair:

I can't seem to remember where I saw the auction, but according to GPA it hammered for $4,780 last week.

Maybe at Heritage?

:whatthe:

HOLY ABSOLUTE JEEBUS..... Have been gone for a couple years check back on the market periodically but havent done a check in a bit. Come back to look at the auction sites only to find this beast on comiclink sold for $1300. Used to be impossible to find ASM230-CGC-9.8 ........... there was only 2 of them total for the longest time from like 2000 till 2008 then partway into 2009 theres about 9 or 10 of them.

This one did catch my eye though.

Hope all of you in collectorville are fairing well and have kept your heads above the water with the current state of the economy and what have you.

Best regards all,

Richard

Richard!!! :hi:

How've you been? Wow, long time no see! Do you still have any of your SS books left? It was a bunch of Rubenstein and Frenz books, right? Hope all's well! :)

i know i've asked before, but it has probably been 6 months, what are 9.8s of issues fron like 209 - 220s going for? are they still worth slabbing? worth slabbing at a 9.6 pre-screen? i have multiples of these in great shape after all these years (I have a bunch of stuff pre #200 in great shape too, but now that CGC raised the price on those I am less inclined to slab, for now)

This is more modern than copper but I just got it back from CGC today and wanted to post it :)

AmazingSpider-Man408whitecovervaria.jpg

Very nice 408 alternate cover. It took me years to track that book down, for the longest I thought it didn't exist.

There are both direct and newsstand editions of that thing as well.

I can't believe that there hasn't been a post in this thread in more than 2 years. I'm sure I'm not alone in my love for copper ASM and the other Spidey titles.

Hobgoblin is one of my favorite Spidey villains, and the 200-300 run is what I hold onto because I enjoyed the stories so much. Some great reading times mixed in that run.

I agree completely. I was buying Spideys off the rack starting with #276, and sporadically before then, and those stories are what really got me into collecting. Great stuff.

Just got these back in the mail today, thought I would dress up the thread with some goodness. My eye is starting to get better, though I would have liked a couple more of these 9.6s to be 9.8s.

ASM243CGCtc.jpg

ASM244CGCtc.jpg

ASM247CGCtc.jpg

ASM254CGCtc.jpg

ASM256CGCtc.jpg

ASM258CGCtc.jpg