• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

Another two months without a bump?!? Where's the love for the 80s Spideys? ????

Here's one you don't see often... A great purple and red cover on this issue of Spectacular. The scan doesn't do it justice - light keeps reflecting off some smudges on the slab.

PPTSS061.jpg

Another new one arrived today, courtesy of carcrawfordfan. I was tempted to post this one in the classic copper covers thread, though. When it comes to copper age Spidey, the stand-out covers that everyone recognizes have to be ASM #238, #252 and this one: PPTSS #64.

First appearance of Dagger. :cloud9:

Oh yeah... Cloak too...

PPTSS064.jpg

Another new one arrived today, courtesy of carcrawfordfan. I was tempted to post this one in the classic copper covers thread, though. When it comes to copper age Spidey, the stand-out covers that everyone recognizes have to be ASM #238, #252 and this one: PPTSS #64.

Oh yeah... Cloak too...

PPTSS064.jpg

Sweet Copy!! :applause:

Look what I found in a package from High Grade Comics! ;)

C'mon people... There's got to be somebody else out there with some copper Spideys to share.

PPTSS066.jpg

Two months without a bump!!! :o

Just picked this one up off eBay. Another classic Spidey cover by Frank Miller.

Spidey, the Punisher and Doc Ock - what else could you ask for?

ASMAnnual15.jpg

That's a great one. ASM annuals 14 and 15 are two of my all time favorites.

Yeah, Miller did a great job whenever he drew Spidey. It's too bad he didn't get the chance more often. Annual #14 and #15 are my two favorites, although I think I'd give the edge to #14.

Annual #13 would be my third place pick. The Byrne / Austin combo for interior art was a great choice. I never did follow X-Men closely, but I can see why their run is so popular. The cover art by Pollard & McLeod is a classic too - the muscular Doc Ock is a nice change over the usual tubby version.

ASMAnnual15.jpg

The cup of coffee cracks me up.

PPTSS #72 - #79 was one of the better story arcs in the title... It starts off with a classic gang war showdown between Doc Ock and the Owl. Black Cat tries to lend Spidey a hand and is almost killed, which forces our hero to finally come to realize how much he cares for the Cat.

I think I actually outbid pastimperfekt for this one. :o

PPTSS078.jpg

Oh yeah... Cloak too...

PPTSS064.jpg

NICE!