• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mysterious DC image...

40 posts in this topic

This is the preview for their big summer event, the image is by Phil Jimenez.

That looks like the french revolution-era Batman from Batman: Reign of Terror.

Red Robin comes from the Eleworld Kingdom Come.

Donna Troy is wearing her older costume.

Is that what Ion/Kyle Rayner looks like now? I though his mask now covered his face.

However, I hate to blow it for you guys but the secret of 52 is that the multiverse is still around. 52 is likely the number of surviving realities.

This seems to confirm that... it's likely that some of the other characters are alternate reality versions.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*

As seen in the issue of Previews that came out yesterday, World War 3 begins during week 50 of 52, with Black Adam going on a worldwide murderous cleansing spree (due to Isis getting killed probably). Apparently ALL meta's team up to fight against him.

What I can't figure out from the pic is why they are all looking off into the sky in different directions. It makes the pic look more random.

I gather you have nothing better to do?

I evidently have more to do than potentially ruining the surprise for readers by inconsiderately throwing out spoilers... makepoint.gif

But whatever floats your boat... insane.gif

Jim

893whatthe.gif Great pic! Not to throw myself in the fray, however the secret message has been on every comic board I have been to over the past week. Won't damage my enjoyment of this awesomely weaved tale! thumbsup2.gif I was hoping for more character development in the case of Black Adam. I love his story and find his relationship with the Black Adam family a great piece of story telling. Cheap way out to make him go berserk and start taking everyone out (if that is what happens!) I am still rooting for him and his path to redemption as an anti-hero or whatever. Good times!

yay.gifChris

Who's the guy on the ground with his head completely turned around?

Looks like Max Lord after Wonder Woman was through with him.

It kinda looks like some kind of homage to the folks who died during Infinite Crisis/52...Beetle, Max Lord, Question...did Jade die, I don't remember?